Solar Install on Reflections 150 Series 230RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Install on Reflections 150 Series 230RL

I have a Reflection 150 Series 230RL. I wanted to know if the roof is prepped for solar panels and a chase for the wires?

Originally posted by Rick.Sais View Post
    I have a Reflection 150 Series 230RL. I wanted to know if the roof is prepped for solar panels and a chase for the wires?
    I don't know for sure, Rick, but I doubt it. TucsonJim is working on a solar presentation and has promised to post it on the forum when it's complete. Please give him a bit to respond to this thread as Jim's currently traveling.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My guess is that it is not since GD just started putting that on rigs in the last month, even the demo units at the Elkhart National Rally didn't have them. Not familiar enough with the Reflection line and not sure of your year model but some 5th wheels have a wire channel from the roof to the basement bay (intended for satellite). You may look and see if your unit has this, if not GD support can tell you where wiring and vent piping is so you can make you own penetration. Some people use the vent piping but I preferred not to and opened up the bathroom wall of my Solitude 344GK and made my roof penetration there. I would pre-buy the #10 solar with MC4 connectors on one end to install. You should also purchase a wiring cover (Wingard make one for coax that works perfect). Use lots of Dicor when you install.
      Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
      Solitude 344GK (2019)
      F350 DRW (2018)

Comment

Working...
      X