27BHS Solar Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27BHS Solar Panels

Looking to get a solar panel set up for our 2020 Transcend 27BHS. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are camping off the grid the first weekend in September and we’d like to make sure our batteries stay charged. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Mrmidge4 View Post
    Looking to get a solar panel set up for our 2020 Transcend 27BHS. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are camping off the grid the first weekend in September and we’d like to make sure our batteries stay charged. Thanks in advance!
    That's a hard question to answer without more details on your expectations from the system. How many batteries? What type of batteries? What are you expecting to power and for how long?

TucsonJim is currently working on a presentation he'll give at the Grand Design National Rally here in a few weeks on solar. He's promised to upload it once it's complete.

Another resource you can access immediately are videos produced by a company called AMSolar. They have quite a few on YouTube. I have no connection with AMSolar except as a customer. I hope the link below is helpful.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

another good resource is a Facebook Group called 'DIY RV Solar Systems'. It is a closed group but easy to join as a user.
      but I agree with Howson, hard to start outlining a system until you define your needs, power usage and budget.
      Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
      Solitude 344GK (2019)
      F350 DRW (2018)

Comment

Working...
      X