337RLS solar wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbergthold View Post
    Does GD offer roof mounted solar as a factory option? If so, will the factory share info on where they run the lines? I’d want my solar controller near the command center, which unfort is at the rear of the 2500RL. Does no good to have it in the basement if you want to keep an eye on performance etc.
    You can mount it in the basement and still be able to monitor it. I'm using a Victron BMV-712 battery monitor and a Victron MPPT controller. Both of them Bluetooth into my phone with a load of information so I can keep an eye on it any time I'm within reasonable distance to the camper.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by mbergthold View Post
      Does GD offer roof mounted solar as a factory option? If so, will the factory share info on where they run the lines? I’d want my solar controller near the command center, which unfort is at the rear of the 2500RL. Does no good to have it in the basement if you want to keep an eye on performance etc.
      Even if you don't get the factory solar components, a new trailer will be "solar ready" with a way to easily get wires from the roof to the inside of the trailer. Each model line is slightly different, but the general idea is documented in a Reference Material post.

How Your GD Trailer is Solar Prep Wired: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/r...lar-prep-wired

I also noted this was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance. It will help you figure out this forum and how to get the most from your time here.

Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson My 2019 337RLS is solar prepped but not to the roof. On my model they have installed an exterior mounted plug under the nose to plug in solar devices.

Wayne
        <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
        Wayne - MD Non-Comm Class A
        2006 F350 CC DRW (6.0 DFC Tow haul & Bulletproofed)
        2019 Grand Design 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by WRingling View Post
          howson My 2019 337RLS is solar prepped but not to the roof. On my model they have installed an exterior mounted plug under the nose to plug in solar devices.

Wayne
          I suspect you have a late '18 trailer with a 2019 label. In a given year they make the big change halfway through the model year. That's true on my "2019" 315RLTS--it's a (late) 2018 in every respect. Very confusing how the RV industry does their year modeling.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

WRingling, did you run the wires through a hole drilled into the roof or did you run the wires out of the fan enclosure to the outside into a junction box? I have a 2019 337rls as well.

Comment

I would like to contact Brian Rowley as well to get more information. Moderator, could you PM him and have him PM myself. I have a 2019 Reflection 337rls.

Comment

Originally posted by davidsimmonds View Post
                I would like to contact Brian Rowley as well to get more information. Moderator, could you PM him and have him PM myself. I have a 2019 Reflection 337rls.
                ? Who is Brian Rowley? (On first cup of coffee so may be missing something obvious...)

Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members as it will get you up-to-speed on how to use the forum. If Brian is a forum member you can PM him directly--no need for a moderator to be a third party. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Comment

I was also confused (and admittedly a little amused too) but reading back through the thread, guessing it's in reference to post #4 in this thread, by Jim.
                  David and Deana
                  2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
                  2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by WondersAwait View Post
                    I was also confused (and admittedly a little amused too) but reading back through the thread, guessing it's in reference to post #4 in this thread, by Jim.
                    Thanks--now I understand. TucsonJim -- the request is to you.

Comment

davidsimmonds - I sent Brian a PM on Facebook and asked him for his email address. If he responds, I'll send you a PM with the info.

howson - Thanks for the tag buddy.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie

Comment

davidsimmonds - i just sent you a PM with Brian's Email contact info.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                        X