2 lithium batteries in front storage compartment for 303RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 lithium batteries in front storage compartment for 303RLS

Does anyone have a picture or idea for how to install and mount 2 lithium batteries in the front storage compartment?
    2020 303RLS - RAM 2500 Diesel - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Full timing

From my experience with our Reflection 337RLS, I would recommend removing the battery box that's there and putting a metal plate over the hole (sealed so water from the road won't get up inside). You can then use a battery tie-down kit like this:

https://www.amazon.com/pool-spa-part...2090948&sr=8-4

No need for boxes or venting with lithium batteries. Just make sure there's no chance of anything contacting the battery terminals or exposed connectors.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
      From my experience with our Reflection 337RLS, I would recommend removing the battery box that's there and putting a metal plate over the hole (sealed so water from the road won't get up inside). You can then use a battery tie-down kit like this:

No need for boxes or venting with lithium batteries. Just make sure there's no chance of anything contacting the battery terminals or exposed connectors.

Rob
      Thanks Rob
      Full timing

Comment

Originally posted by FindingMyPlace View Post
        Does anyone have a picture or idea for how to install and mount 2 lithium batteries in the front storage compartment?
        There are many ways to do this where I just moved my battery box from the tongue to the passthrough and installed a battery tie down kit. I bored one inch holes around the base at the bottom of the box to provide cooling for the battery while charging. Whatever method you use, have a gap between batteries (if using more than one) so air can flow between them and move heat away. Lithium batteries can generate heat while charging and discharging depending on the load.

Jim

Comment

i went under sreps in my 337
          2018 337RLS
          720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
          disc brakes, ems

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201004_163833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	31523
            Attached Files
            2018 337RLS
            720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
            disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
              Click image for larger version Name:	20201004_163833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	31523
              When I grow up my install will look that nice too!!
              Full timing

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

There are many ways to do this where I just moved my battery box from the tongue to the passthrough and installed a battery tie down kit. I bored one inch holes around the base at the bottom of the box to provide cooling for the battery while charging. Whatever method you use, have a gap between batteries (if using more than one) so air can flow between them and move heat away. Lithium batteries can generate heat while charging and discharging depending on the load.

Jim
                Thanks for the pointers Jim.
                Full timing

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
                  I’m planning my battery replacement and was wondering if you used galvanized for your metal plate?

It looks like I should use a plate that covers an area much larger than the battery box hole so there’s not a small bump where the plate will be or did you pad the bottom of your batteries?
                  2022 Reflection 280 RS
                  2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Originally posted by BR549 View Post

I’m planning my battery replacement and was wondering if you used galvanized for your metal plate?

It looks like I should use a plate that covers an area much larger than the battery box hole so there’s not a small bump where the plate will be or did you pad the bottom of your batteries?
                    We've not had the Reflection for 2-1/2 years, now (moved into a Solitude in February, 2020). I did not add batteries to the Reflection once we knew we were going to order the Solitude. Sorry.

Rob
                    Rob & Laura
                    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I just used 3/4" plywood and left the stock battery box in place.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I just added a 200AH Ampere time battery to my 303. I left the bottom half of the battery box in place, and put a piece of 3/4 board on top. The wood is covered in speaker box felt. Later on I plan to add another battery, and will have to redo the wood, plan is to go up so I can utilize the space in the battery box
                        Attached Files
                        2022 303RLS (9/21 build)

Comment

You both made that a lot simpler than the direction that I was going. I’m guessing that you screwed the plywood into place from the underside?
                          2022 Reflection 280 RS
                          2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

I did not screw the plywood down. I did make it a tight fit front to back and also I made it go the whole way across the storage bay, it is in 2 pcs I cut about a foot off of the left end to get it in the door. It started as a good plan until it would not fit in the door. I have had no issues with it not being screwed to the metal floor. I also screwed 3/4" plywood to the back wall, screws from inside the pass thru, to mount all of the "stuff" to which I sat down on top of the plywood on the floor, this helps it stay in place. Remember to put a piece of window screen to cover the hole in the bottom of the factory battery box if you leave it in place, keeps critter out. I did put 1/4" plywood strips under the 3/4" plywood to keep it above the battery box, these span from front to back and are just stapled on.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

You both made that a lot simpler than the direction that I was going. I’m guessing that you screwed the plywood into place from the underside?
                              I did not screw it down, it’s fairly tight in there and isn’t going anywhere. I was planning to attach it somehow, but once I got it all didn’t see the need to.
                              2022 303RLS (9/21 build)

Comment

Working...
                              X