Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the last details of a new Solar System

2021 GD Imagine 22MLE

I am in the process of installing a new solar system. Attached is a proposed schematic. I would love feedback regarding how appropriate it is.

1) How do I run the wire from the front to the breaker box. Is is difficult to remove the heavy underlayment from the bottom of the trailer? I was planning on going up through the buffet seat and then through the wall to the box.
    2) The breakway breaks and jack are directly connect to the front battery. Where do I move the existing wire to my schematic? Can I place those wires onto the busbars?
    3) I am planning on using a generator occasionally. Do I need a transfer switch?
    4) Is it best to splice the shore power and run one end to the breaker and the other to the inverter , better to bypass the breaker and run shore directly to inverter, or can I only wire to the breaker since the breaker has shore power already running to it.

Thank you. I am sorry if these are elementary questions.
    Leah

Originally posted by LeahVet View Post
    2021 GD Imagine 22MLE

I am in the process of installing a new solar system. Attached is a proposed schematic. I would love feedback regarding how appropriate it is.

1) How do I run the wire from the front to the breaker box. Is is difficult to remove the heavy underlayment from the bottom of the trailer? I was planning on going up through the buffet seat and then through the wall to the box.
    2) The breakway breaks and jack are directly connect to the front battery. Where do I move the existing wire to my schematic? Can I place those wires onto the busbars?
    3) I am planning on using a generator occasionally. Do I need a transfer switch?
    4) Is it best to splice the shore power and run one end to the breaker and the other to the inverter , better to bypass the breaker and run shore directly to inverter, or can I only wire to the breaker since the breaker has shore power already running to it.

Leah
    Oops! I see you did start your own thread. Let me take a good look at it and I'll post back with a better response.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by LeahVet View Post
      2021 GD Imagine 22MLE

Leah
      Leah,
      I've documented my installs in exhaustive detail. Please check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

Don't get overwhelmed by the schematic. I've added a lot of items to my trailer and the goal was to have an outline for myself should I need to reference what I've done. But based on the outline you posted take a few minutes to study it and I think it will make sense. (There's a PDF version you can download to ease zooming in on certain sections.)

Below the diagram is a list of related threads that link to a plethora of information.

Please let me know if they did (or didn't) help.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X