Imagine 2150RB 2018 solar cable routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2150RB 2018 solar cable routing

Hi, I'm adding solar to our 2150 and am seeking recommendations on routing the cabling from the controller, to be located in the cavity between the passthrough and the cap up to the junction box on the roof. On this small camper storage is a premium so I constructed a battery box between the rails and the cap and propane tanks. To keep the DC cables short I opened the inside of passthrough behind the cap and located the inverter and will locate the charge controller here as well. This is behind a metal mesh to allow for airflow and some protection against items in the passthrough. tonygoncalves did an install on a 2020 2400BH fishing the cable between the ceiling and overhead cabinet. I looked at this approach however on the '18 2150 the cabinet construction is slightly different and the gap is ~1/4" so I don't think i can fish 8 or 10 gauge solar cable through this route. I ran the inverter and heavier guage battery cable back to the panel via the undertray which is a royal PITA so I really prefer not to make those long runs to get to roof. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have. If I'm not careful I could make this way over complicated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Don
Working...
X