2020 Imagine 2400BH roof solar inlet potential location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Imagine 2400BH roof solar inlet potential location

I'm looking for the best method of getting solar cables from the roof of my 2020 2400BH down to the storage bay

I'm planning on putting a hole in the roof for a gland to route the cables down. Based on photos of the 2021 models, it looks like the solar inlet gland is located almost directly above the hookups convenience center in the storage bay and the wires feed almost straight down in to the storage bay.

I'm thinking of putting a hole in a similar location and then running the wires down through my bedroom closet and into the Convenience Center then on to connect to my solar charger.

Does anyone know if that location is suitable on the 2020's or is there some other recommended location.
    Pete and Dana
    2020 GD 2400BH
    2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.2L Gasser
    Full-Time as of 4/30/21

Originally posted by Pete B View Post
    Does anyone know if that location is suitable on the 2020's or is there some other recommended location.
    Based on an older drawing that looks like a good location, Pete.

What I recommend is calling GD Customer Service and ask them to email you a Roof Plan drawing applicable to your specific build. (There could be changes from the 2017 version I'm looking at.)

The drawing will help you to avoid rafters and the air conditioning "racetrack". Consider asking about any electrical wiring running through the area, too. (I doubt there's any where you're contemplating putting a hole but doesn't hurt to ask!)

Good luck, and please report back with the results!

Howard

P.S. Don't forget to have your VIN handy--they will need it.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson - Thanks for the insight and the recommendation. I'll definitely be calling them. Sounds like an excellent resource...... and once I get done, I'll post pics. thanks again
      Pete and Dana
      2020 GD 2400BH
      2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.2L Gasser
      Full-Time as of 4/30/21

Comment

Working...
      X