Battery Rack for vertical stacking of Battle Born battery's or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Rack for vertical stacking of Battle Born battery's or similar

Did a search and not finding any solutions/answers so thought I would ask the question. It was warm enough today to look at my current battery set up - two boxes with group 24 deep cycle, one in the well and second beside screwed to front pan as provided by dealer. They take up a lot of space and I am trying to find room for a 3K inverter (may not need that big), wiring and other stuff. Inverter could go in the basement behind the wall if I make room. Looking to the future to stack 2 to 4 battle born. However I need something to hold them in place and in searching nothing caught my eye. Somewhere I saw a wooden one in a post, but it looked a bit bulky from what I can remember but I could be wrong. I vaguely remember one made out of metal (erector set comes to mind)

Any help?

Thanks Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    Did a search and not finding any solutions/answers so thought I would ask the question. It was warm enough today to look at my current battery set up - two boxes with group 24 deep cycle, one in the well and second beside screwed to front pan as provided by dealer. They take up a lot of space and I am trying to find room for a 3K inverter (may not need that big), wiring and other stuff. Inverter could go in the basement behind the wall if I make room. Looking to the future to stack 2 to 4 battle born. However I need something to hold them in place and in searching nothing caught my eye. Somewhere I saw a wooden one in a post, but it looked a bit bulky from what I can remember but I could be wrong. I vaguely remember one made out of metal (erector set comes to mind)

Any help?

Thanks Keith
    Keith,
    If no one has a suggestion here, there's a dedicated Facebook group, where I believe TucsonJim is also a moderator, named Solar-powered Grand Design RV

It is a private group, not associated with Grand Design (officially) but lots of knowledgeable folks there. Someone may have a solution they will share with you.

If you're not on Facebook let me know and I"ll ask for you.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Keith,
      If no one has a suggestion here, there's a dedicated Facebook group, where I believe TucsonJim is also a moderator, named Solar-powered Grand Design RV

It is a private group, not associated with Grand Design (officially) but lots of knowledgeable folks there. Someone may have a solution they will share with you.

If you're not on Facebook let me know and I"ll ask for you.

Howard
      Thanks Howard - I am a member there. CRS just did not let me think of that.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Here is a link to another members solution , Jims94vmx . He done a pretty good setup under his stairs.

Getting started will these work - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Any help?

Thanks Keith
          Crimper Tool, I think.@howson ended up with a Temco Lever one after trying hydraulic.

Battery Racks, I think I saw some of those you mentioned.

Attached Files
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post

Crimper Tool, I think.@howson ended up with a Temco Lever one after trying hydraulic.

Thanks Gene

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post

Gene,

Really like the design in the center pic. Separators between batteries to block rising heat from the bottom batteries and plenty of space around the batteries to allow for airflow and heat dissipation.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X