Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Power 190 W expansion kit - good deal or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    So with the max 28V I am stuck with parallel for now. Correct?
    Yep.

Re: the controller--
    My "go to" video is Garrett Towne's (AMSolar) explanation on how to choose a solar controller. I've watched it at least a dozen times. Everything I'd write is in the video, so please watch his 10 minute presentation.

Note that if you do go with a Victron controller, the "SmartSolar" versions have the Bluetooth connectivity, the "BlueSolar" versions do not.

For your wire question--the 10ga wire I bought from AMSolar is more than sufficient for the voltage/current carrying capacity of my system (from panels to junction box). From the junction box to charge controller and charge controller to battery I use 4 ga. What is best for your system depends on all the usual factors (distance, voltage, current, etc).

Hang in there, Keith. There's a lot to learn! It took me many, many hours of studying, watching, and asking questions before I began to understand it.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yoda I'll second Howard here. I worked off the same video when I designed my system. I have 200 watt panels and used the 10awg for the panels to the distribution block and 2awg from the distribution block down to the charge controller.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
        Yoda I'll second Howard here. I worked off the same video when I designed my system. I have 200 watt panels and used the 10awg for the panels to the distribution block and 2awg from the distribution block down to the charge controller.
        howson
        Thanks Folks - the dealer used 10AWG from the junction to the controller and to the battery a little rewiring is going to be needed. Now I need to find a way to get to the back of the distribution panel. That's a Spring project.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

In regard to controllers, I recently ran into a conundrum when replacing my solar controller on my Furrion suitcase solar panel which is not lithium compatible. The issue is positive or negative grounding. Did not want to start a thread on this subject alone but I think it would be good if someone wants to educate us on this topic.
          In the end, I noticed the Furrion controller is a positive ground unit so when ordering I purchased a Victron Blue Sea PWM 20amp unit in positive ground. I would have opted for the MPPT but it will not fit in the suitcase.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X