Solar Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Line

We just picked up our 2020 2930RL Solitude S Class and in the front compartment there is a pair of wires that are marked Solar Line. Are they there to pull solar from the roof or what. Nobody at the dealership seemed to know. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins Diesel
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930 RL

The plug is connected to the battery so in theory you connect the battery wires from you controller to the plug. But this means the controller has to be outside the RV. I mounted the controller in the front storage area, wired it to the battery then used the plug to attach my portable panel to the controller wiring the plug to the controller inside the storage compartment.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

Originally posted by Flat top View Post
      We just picked up our 2020 2930RL Solitude S Class and in the front compartment there is a pair of wires that are marked Solar Line. Are they there to pull solar from the roof or what. Nobody at the dealership seemed to know. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
      Steve
      GD has started adding "solar ready" to some of there lines, not sure which ones or even what month. If there is an extra box on the roof for solar connection then you will have this. I believe that they run a 10 gage wire down from this box to the front compartment. A call to GD with your serial number will yield good results.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I was able to get on the roof today and found this mounted on the roof. I believe this may be a connector box. I looked up Jaboni and see that they sell solar products. I believe you are right Brian, a call to GD would be the next move.

Steve
        Box Elder, South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Flat top View Post
          I was able to get on the roof today and found this mounted on the roof. I believe this may be a connector box. I looked up Jaboni and see that they sell solar products. I believe you are right Brian, a call to GD would be the next move.

Steve
          Steve,
          Can you take a wider shot of where that cover is on your roof? Curious of it's relation to the front cap, vents, etc.

Thanks!
          Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard, the connection box is right behind the Winegard antenna on the right side. There is a satellite connection just to the left. Looks as though it is over the bathroom. Hope this helps.

Steve
            Box Elder, South Dakota

Comment

• howson
              howson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you!

A vendor (jabonipowerproducts.com) was handing out sheets at the National Rally and discussed this wiring. My understanding is that it is #10 wiring from the roof to the front bay and there is MC4 connectors at the roof end (which is good).
            I thought the vendor product line was a bit to immature for my taste (I installed Victron hardware). Attached is the flyer they handed out. As I understand it the vendor is positioned as an add-on service for purchasing solar on new GD orders.
            BTW; KYD had the system installed so I would watch their video, when released on their new Momentum. (keepyourdaydream.com)
            Link to details from video: http://www.keepyourdaydream.com/offgrid/ (with comments for questions)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jeff Sibley; 09-11-2019, 03:38 PM.
            Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
            Solitude 344GK (2019)
            F350 DRW (2018)

Comment

Working...
            X