Shut off for solar panels to batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John L View Post

Hi everyone I'm not asking many questions but I am taking a lots of notes. Thanks to everyone howson TucsonJim ncitro 50ST8R mpking Yoda for all the info in these various post. It is extremely helpful. I'll be placing my order next week for all my stuff and ready to start as soon as the snow melts.
    Best wishes for a clean and easy install John. Remember, rule number one is to not let the smoke out.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      Yoda

I only put two panels in series (in three sets), so I did not exceed 48V and used the Blue Sea switch. Personally I think it would probably be fine, but I would check with your dealer, or maybe Howard or Jim have a thought. I suppose you could always use a smaller rated switch and a contactor or relay but that seems excessive IMO.

I checked the site for the manual on your SmartSolar but all they had was the 100/30. That unit states the max draw is 35 amp, so I would wait until you get your unit and check the manual. You will go up to the next size available from there. If yours is a max draw of 25 amps (pure guess here), I would get a 30 or 40 amp, as long as your wire size covers it (I think you said 4AWG which should be good well above that).

Sad news on the MultiPlus. Thats what the next months credit card bill is for lol.
      The specifications of the 100/20 are on page 13 of this PDF https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...-DE-ES-SE-.pdf Its off of the Victron site https://www.victronenergy.com/
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by John L View Post

Hi everyone I'm not asking many questions but I am taking a lots of notes. Thanks to everyone howson TucsonJim ncitro 50ST8R mpking Yoda for all the info in these various post. It is extremely helpful. I'll be placing my order next week for all my stuff and ready to start as soon as the snow melts.
        John, since you are just down the road, let me know if you want to see how far I have gotten to compare and correct it for me to fix😁
        Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
        2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Originally posted by 50ST8R View Post
          John, since you are just down the road, let me know if you want to see how far I have gotten to compare and correct it for me to fix😁
          Thanks Kevin, When I'm ready to start I'll take you up on it.
          John & Beata, Waterford, WI
          2021 Reflection 337 RLS
          2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
          1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Comment

Working...
          X