AC run back to front to back, 2021 22 MLE, Go Power IC 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC run back to front to back, 2021 22 MLE, Go Power IC 3000

I will be installing this inverter/charger/automatic transfer switch in the front compartment. How should I run the AC from the back plug to the IC 3000 and then back again to the main panel?

Wire size and type? (~ 25 foot run)

Where to run the wires (inside belly or just under the belly)?

Thanks
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Originally posted by cvretis View Post
    I will be installing this inverter/charger/automatic transfer switch in the front compartment. How should I run the AC from the back plug to the IC 3000 and then back again to the main panel?

Wire size and type? (~ 25 foot run)

Where to run the wires (inside belly or just under the belly)?

Thanks
    If you look behind the Convenience Center (street side of passthru) there is likely a generous hole in the floor where water pipes and various electrical wires feed through to the underbelly. That is the path many who've installed their systems in a trailer's passthru have taken as the hole already exists. From there you'll have to find the best way to feed the wires across to the Distribution Power Box which is on the curb side, just aft of the dinette. With the coroplast ("underbelly") dropped it will be much easier to do this work.

I believe your slide on the 22MLE is a Schwintek so you shouldn't have to worry too much about wires getting caught up in the mechanism, but make sure nonetheless that nothing will chafe against the new wires.

I used standard 6/3 solid core electrical wire for the 120vAC circuits in my system.

Lots of info (some related, some not) here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If you look behind the Convenience Center (street side of passthru) there is likely a generous hole in the floor where water pipes and various electrical wires feed through to the underbelly. That is the path many who've installed their systems in a trailer's passthru have taken as the hole already exists. From there you'll have to find the best way to feed the wires across to the Distribution Power Box which is on the curb side, just aft of the dinette. With the coroplast ("underbelly") dropped it will be much easier to do this work.

I believe your slide on the 22MLE is a Schwintek so you shouldn't have to worry too much about wires getting caught up in the mechanism, but make sure nonetheless that nothing will chafe against the new wires.

I used standard 6/3 solid core electrical wire for the 120vAC circuits in my system.

Lots of info (some related, some not) here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

Howard
      Is there a 6/3 flexible wire that would be easier to pull through?

From the batteries to the buss bars, do the lengths of wire need to be the same?

Thanks for the info, very informative.
      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Is there a 6/3 flexible wire that would be easier to pull through?
        OffToHavasu , Jkwilson or any number of other folks here are more knowledgeable about specifics along those lines. All I can tell you is I used the stuff I found on the shelf at Lowes. It definitely was stiff, but once installed it stays put.

From the batteries to the buss bars, do the lengths of wire need to be the same?
        Mine aren't, but we're talking a difference in inches, not feet.

Below is a sketch the engineer at AMSolar sent me as to how to configure my system. I modified it by tying all the batteries to a bus bar (too hard to get everything attached to the Battle Born posts). The point of showing you the drawing is that this was the only stipulation on the configuration (where to install the 4/0 wires). The length of the 2/0s between batteries was not important.

Garret did say that in a very large battery bank consisting of wet-cell batteries, the length of the wires could be a factor but in my "small" setup with the Battle Borns it wasn't a consideration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	garrett's drawing.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	40881

Howard

P.S. You're welcome--as James Taylor sings, "That's Why I'm Here".
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

OffToHavasu , Jkwilson or any number of other folks here are more knowledgeable about specifics along those lines. All I can tell you is I used the stuff I found on the shelf at Lowes. It definitely was stiff, but once installed it stays put.
          The box stores stock 6/3 romex stranded wire. Stranded is more flexible than solid.

For example:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwir...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
          Last edited by OffToHavasu; 01-25-2021, 06:31 PM.
          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
          2020 Momentum 351M
          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-so...able-25ft.html They have it in other lengths too.
            Hope this helps
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I used RV extension cords when I ran my AC from the midpoint fitting to the front battery/inverter compartment and back to the midpoint control center on the 303. The wire is flexible and the insulation is good. I also wanted to use the plug heads in the front compartment as that is where I put my EMC AC protector. Using the portable one allows me to also easily bypass it if it fails doing its job.
              2018 Reflection 303rls
              MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
              Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
              2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by wygieman View Post
                I used RV extension cords when I ran my AC from the midpoint fitting to the front battery/inverter compartment and back to the midpoint control center on the 303. The wire is flexible and the insulation is good. I also wanted to use the plug heads in the front compartment as that is where I put my EMC AC protector. Using the portable one allows me to also easily bypass it if it fails doing its job.
                I have had the exact same thought.
                2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
                X