Running wires through walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running wires through walls?

I’m in the middle of my solar install and want the color control monitor mounted inside the trailer, above the Grand Design Control Center.
    I have a 2670MK with the solar electronics installed in the pass through. The interior wall is just inside the door.
    How do you fish a wire through the wall? Between the cloraplast and floor? Up the wall from underneath?
    Any hints, tips, or suggestions?

Good Evening mcmillenandwife and welcome to the forum and the family. I'm sorry that I can't help you (yet) but I saw that this was your first post and wanted to say welcome.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by mcmillenandwife View Post
      I’m in the middle of my solar install and want the color control monitor mounted inside the trailer, above the Grand Design Control Center.
      I have a 2670MK with the solar electronics installed in the pass through. The interior wall is just inside the door.
      How do you fish a wire through the wall? Between the cloraplast and floor? Up the wall from underneath?
      A few pictures might help. Is the control center on the wall with the toilet behind? Or is it on the wall withe sink and cabinet behind? Do you know how they ran the solar wires down?. On my unit the dealer followed the black tank vent stack down on the outside of the pipe.. You will probably need to drop the belly fabric to get access unless you have a false wall in the pass through and large area behind to get to the plumbing from there. On thing you can do is pull the control panel and see where those wires are running. They may go up to the ceiling. I am sure someone will be along with the answer and welcome to the forum. When you get a chance please reed the welcome letter.

Hope this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmillenandwife View Post
        When I did mine I took a mirror down off one of the walls and opened up the wall behind it. Then I stuck the paneling back up but the mirror hid the cuts. I did the same behind the cabinet that my control center is in. Also you can take the control center itself off and see if you can follow their wires down. That’s what I did initially and I’ve used that path several times. I always leave a pull wire so I can use it again later.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X