Lion Energy on sale at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Energy on sale at Costco

I just found Costco has 2 Lion Energy UT-1300 105AH Lithium Ion Phosphate batteries for $1399.99 plus tax delivered. Sale goes to 3/28 and shipped direct from Lion Energy. We have 2 of these and are planning on adding a third before our trip out west this summer. Should give us plenty of boondock time with solar.

Lion Energy Safari UT1300 2-pack (costco.com)
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

Oh boy I’ve been watching for them to go back on sale. I’ve got four and am thinking of two more...
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      Oh boy I’ve been watching for them to go back on sale. I’ve got four and am thinking of two more...
      I WANT to but.... I'm spending money like crazy after just buying the 31G this year.
      2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post

I WANT to but.... I'm spending money like crazy after just buying the 31G this year.
        But think of how much more use you’ll get out of the 31G with them!

Just trying to help lol

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

But think of how much more use you’ll get out of the 31G with them!

Just trying to help lol
          it's tempting, it's got the solar panels and the inverter and controls.... we'll see I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
            I just found Costco has 2 Lion Energy UT-1300 105AH Lithium Ion Phosphate batteries for $1399.99 plus tax delivered. Sale goes to 3/28 and shipped direct from Lion Energy. We have 2 of these and are planning on adding a third before our trip out west this summer. Should give us plenty of boondock time with solar.

Lion Energy Safari UT1300 2-pack (costco.com)
            well thanks guys this thread cost me like $1400.00. I ordered two on the 18th and they're supposed to arrive on the week of 3/29 (next week). Which is good because the factory deep cycle wet actually went dead in the recent storm, I think the battery draw was too much over several days of no sun. Still have to get a battery box; I'm looking at this one; https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../TLA7708R.html

this is new trailer so this weekend I need to bring it to the house, rinse the freshwater tank, fill it, capture tongue weights and then set up the LevelMate PRO, and re-do the Equal-I-Zer WDH setup. First trip is coming fast on 4/7 at 8,800 feet elevation.

I'll post some photos when they arrive.

Comment

I went to order another pair today and the sale ended early lol. To the victor go the spoils! There is a roadshow in my area in a couple weeks, I may go by and see if I can get some.

Neil Citro

Comment

I went to order another pair today and the sale ended early lol. To the victor go the spoils! There is a roadshow in my area in a couple weeks, I may go by and see if I can get some.
                the key word I noticed in your post was "another" pair...

Comment

the key word I noticed in your post was "another" pair...
                  I might have four of the older 90aH ones...

Neil Citro

Comment

I sold my 1 year old Lion Energy UT1300's two weeks ago and got $1,250 for the pair. I paid $1,399 for them. Pretty good resale value for used batteries.
                    Brian & Kellie
                    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

That’s a great return, well done. I was thinking of selling two of mine to a Buddy and getting two of the new GC3 batteries (maybe a third down the road) to save space but it’s so much more money.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
                        I sold my 1 year old Lion Energy UT1300's two weeks ago and got $1,250 for the pair. I paid $1,399 for them. Pretty good resale value for used batteries.
                        did you go with a different battery setup?

Comment

ncitro and bertschb I've read that the posts on these LION are a bit should I say "non-standard" and looking at the photos they seem to be not tapered and a bit thinner that normal. Where / how do you get the cables for setting these up? I've been looking at this site; https://www.custombatterycables.com/...y-bank-cables/ but I don't even know what kind of ends I need. The LIONs have not arrived yet maybe I need to practice some patience. I also have to get a new battery box.

Interesting the new LIONs are 23 lbs x2 = 46lbs and the single wet dealer installed Interstate is guess what 46 lbs.

​​​​​​​Thanks for any tips on the cables.

Comment

did you go with a different battery setup?
                            Yes, I purchased two of the new 270ah Battleborn BBGC3 batteries.
                            Brian & Kellie
                            2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                            2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                            2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                            2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Where / how do you get the cables for setting these up?
                              Any cable will work. I make my own. The cable would fit more securely if the lug on the cable was just large enough to fit the threaded section of the upper terminal "nut" on the battery. I haven't measured it but it's very small - maybe 1/4"?
                              Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Working...
                              X