Lion Energy on sale at Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

Any cable will work. I make my own. The cable would fit more securely if the lug on the cable was just large enough to fit the threaded section of the upper terminal "nut" on the battery. I haven't measured it but it's very small - maybe 1/4"?
    Yes I used 1/4” lugs. I also used longer bolts I sourced at the hardware store. They were a metric thread, M6 maybe? I needed 4/0 wire and I didn’t want to buy the crumpet so I ordered all my custom lengths from eBay.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

My two arrived yesterday, well packaged. It took 6 days from placing the order to on my front deck. I unpacked, put them on a Lithium charger and am getting them charged up waiting on the new battery box.
      2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post
        My two arrived yesterday, well packaged. It took 6 days from placing the order to on my front deck. I unpacked, put them on a Lithium charger and am getting them charged up waiting on the new battery box.
        Nice! There is a "road show" event at a Costco near me next week, was thinking I would go by and see if they are selling them then, like when they are pushing Trager grills and stuff.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Went to a Costco 45 minutes from home where they started a Lion Energy “Roadshow” today. Selling in store, $689 each.

Neil Citro

Comment

[QUOTE=ncitro;n49901]Went to a Costco 45 minutes from home where they started a Lion Energy “Roadshow” today. Selling in store, $689 each.

[/QUOTE?

Neil - if I just replaced my 7+ year old original lead acid group 24 battery with one of these, would I be OK with my factory Converter ? If not, what else would I or should I change out as well ?

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

[QUOTE=Canyonlight;n49916]
              Originally posted by ncitro View Post
              Went to a Costco 45 minutes from home where they started a Lion Energy “Roadshow” today. Selling in store, $689 each.

[/QUOTE?

Neil - if I just replaced my 7+ year old original lead acid group 24 battery with one of these, would I be OK with my factory Converter ? If not, what else would I or should I change out as well ?

Dan
              They would “work”, but it wouldn’t be optimal, and they wouldn’t charge as quickly as they could. Your best would be to replace your converter to a lithium compatible one.

Neil Citro

Comment

I sure wish I would have got those a month ago when they were on sale , I guess I will have to wait. Called my local Costco and all they sell is coin batteries , a lot of help they were.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I sure wish I would have got those a month ago when they were on sale , I guess I will have to wait. Called my local Costco and all they sell is coin batteries , a lot of help they were.

Brian
                  I hear you. Here’s a link to the Costco site with all the road show events. Talked to the Lion rep for a bit. This event runs ten day’s and they’re down to like six batteries lol. They called the home office and told them to ship a pallet to the store.

https://www.costco.com/lion-energy-schedule.html

Neil Citro

Comment

I hear you. Here’s a link to the Costco site with all the road show events. Talked to the Lion rep for a bit. This event runs ten day’s and they’re down to like six batteries lol. They called the home office and told them to ship a pallet to the store.

Thanks for the link. They will not be any where near me, unless you can get the rep to ship me a couple.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

[QUOTE=ncitro;n49918]
                      Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

They would “work”, but it wouldn’t be optimal, and they wouldn’t charge as quickly as they could. Your best would be to replace your converter to a lithium compatible one.
                      Figured that. Now just need to figure which one to do just this job for one battery or plan ahead for more. Thanks, Neil !

Dan
                      Dan & Carol
                      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

[QUOTE=Canyonlight;n49936]

Figured that. Now just need to figure which one to do just this job for one battery or plan ahead for more. Thanks, Neil !

Dan
                        No problem!

Neil Citro

Comment

Maybe they can bring a truck load to the national rally... That should last until lunch.
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thank you for this! They'll be at my local Costco the first week of August.
                            Jeff
                            2021 Momentum 30G
                            2021 RAM 2500 6.7L Diesel HD

Comment

Originally posted by JH2112 View Post

Thank you for this! They'll be at my local Costco the first week of August.
                              Jeff,

Did you happen to go to see if the price is as good as first reported on this thread? $1399 for 2 UT1300's? I'm tempted to drive a few hours to a Costco for them...

thanks,

Comment

Hi Larry,

I ended up not going. The pull of Battle Born was too strong. I haven't gotten them yet but that's the route I decided to go. The reason I haven't gotten them is because my 30G ended up in the shop for a month for various repairs.
                                Jeff
                                2021 Momentum 30G
                                2021 RAM 2500 6.7L Diesel HD

Comment

Working...
                                X