2250RK Solar Hook-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2250RK Solar Hook-Up

My 2021 2250RK has a Jaboni solar power inlet on the roof with one male and one female MC4 ports. There is a plastic box/cover in the storage area which is labeled Solar/Inverter and has two sets of terminated 10 gauge cables. One set leads to the front of the storage (hitch side) and disappears behind the panel. The second set goes into the access panel for winterization/water pump and disappears with all of the other electrical wires.

Which of these is coming from the port on the roof and where does the other one go?

Tom,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 2250RK! I have only had mine for a few weeks and am loving it.

To answer your question:

The wiring going to the front cap and up are the wires coming from the Solar prep on the roof. The other wiring is tied to the battery and is hot so please be careful. You likely already know this but thought it is worth stating that If you intend to install a solar system that the solar charge controller would be installed in between these 2 wire bundles. The wiring from the roof would go to the charge controller input and the hot wires from the battery would go to the charge controller output.

*NOTE: The TPMS TireLinc prep is likely spliced into the 2 wires coming down from your roof solar prep. If you intend to set up a solar system and utilize the TireLinc TPMS system, you will want to remove this connection and hook the TireLinc dock to a different power source. I will not get into the details here but there are several threads on this topic if you just do a quick search for "TireLinc" or "TPMS prep".
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Comment

Perfect. Thank you!

Comment

By the way Jeff and Debbie, thanks for the extra info TireLinc. I won't be using the TireLinc TPMS. We have a 2020 Chevy 1500 and bought the TPMS valves from Chevrolet. The integrate into the built-in trailering app on the entertainment system.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mohoric View Post
          By the way Jeff and Debbie, thanks for the extra info TireLinc. I won't be using the TireLinc TPMS. We have a 2020 Chevy 1500 and bought the TPMS valves from Chevrolet. The integrate into the built-in trailering app on the entertainment system.
          Perfect, then you should be all set. Yo still may want to disconnect the TireLinc dock from the solar prep wiring. if so, just unscrew the dock from the front wall of the pass thru storage and carefully pull the wiring thru the hole until you get to the splice. GD used WAGO splicing connectors. Simply flip up the lever and remove the wire from the connector...done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4850.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	48860
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Very helpful. Thanks again.

Comment