• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar install on 2018 Reflection 150 series 220RK

Seven 165 watt Hightek panels 1155 watts total
    Dual Blue Sky 3024iL MPPT solar charge controllers
    Honda EU2200i Companion gas inverter generator with 30 amp plug
    Four Battle Born 100ah 12v LiFeP04 lithium batteries 400ah combined
    3000 watt Magnum Hybrid MSH3012 inverter/converter with built-in 125 amp battery charger
    Total cost just over $10k (parts only)

My wife and I have been full-timing in this camper ever since the solar was installed in May of 2018.
    On a good day, the solar brings in 74 amps (9a per panel x 7 = 63a + 15% boost from MPPT controllers = 74 amps)
    We have the electric water heater and fridge wired through the inverter just in case we run out of LP while boondocking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	4934

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	4935

DMB! Welcome to Grand Design's Owners Forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ed - Every time I see that set up, I drool a little bit.
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yep solar power envy. What really bugs me though is the very neat install. Wires bundled, straight runs, easy access to critical items. If I could only do half as well I would be Happy.

DMB - question? What holders did you use on the roof to tie down the cabling?

Thanks Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          Yep solar power envy. What really bugs me though is the very neat install. Wires bundled, straight runs, easy access to critical items. If I could only do half as well I would be Happy.

DMB - question? What holders did you use on the roof to tie down the cabling?

Thanks Keith
          Ahhh dang Keith, ya know what?
          I don't even remember what they look like, it's been probably a year and a half since I've been on the roof.
          I'm afraid of heights!

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Ed - Every time I see that set up, I drool a little bit.
            Al and Kathy from Maine (acadiaforever) are parked behind us right now, out here in Quartzite, and I drool at the setup on their Solitude.
            He has 600 watts more than I do and twice as many batteries!

Comment

Well you can always add to more panels in front of the AC (might need to angle them) and build a vertical battery rack like I saw somewhere. Only problem is no where to walk.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X