No power and wife's CPAP for the last two nights, any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power and wife's CPAP for the last two nights, any ideas

Brand new 2021 22MLE. Installed 3 BB100 A batteries and Go Power ISW 3000 inverter. Last two nights we started in the mid 80's capacity left in the bank. After a few hours everything shut off including my wife's CPAP. CPAP draws a few amps. Other things running were fridge on propane and a few USB devices. This morning we were at maybe 10 volts, 10 % according to my Renogy solar app.

The inverter has a 30A plug installed in the back. I connect the normal power cord to the inverter and run it to the connection at the back of the RV.

I do have breaker #6 turned off to keep the system from a circle back charging situation.

I am thinking that I have a power drain somewhere. Any ideas where to start looking? I also had the water heater Dometic WH-6GEA stop working last night before we went to bed . From the other forums, we found the fuse link was bad. Removed it and it works fine now.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Originally posted by cvretis View Post
    Brand new 2021 22MLE. Installed 3 BB100 A batteries and Go Power ISW 3000 inverter. Last two nights we started in the mid 80's capacity left in the bank. After a few hours everything shut off including my wife's CPAP. CPAP draws a few amps. Other things running were fridge on propane and a few USB devices. This morning we were at maybe 10 volts, 10 % according to my Renogy solar app.

The inverter has a 30A plug installed in the back. I connect the normal power cord to the inverter and run it to the connection at the back of the RV.

I do have breaker #6 turned off to keep the system from a circle back charging situation.

I am thinking that I have a power drain somewhere. Any ideas where to start looking? I also had the water heater Dometic WH-6GEA stop working last night before we went to bed . From the other forums, we found the fuse link was bad. Removed it and it works fine now.

Given you’ve gone this far with Battleborn batteries and an inverter I’d recommend a battery monitor with a shunt such as a Victron or Trimetic. It will allow you to track your actual capacity and see your current draw at any point in time. Then you can use this to track down high draw items.

Anecdotally I run four LION energy batteries and even with my power hog of a residential refrigerator I can easily go 24 hours, so I’d say you’ve got some kind of significant draw. You’re not running the water heater on electric are you? Do you have your fridge manually on propane?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Fridge and water heater are on propane. Yeah, separate battery monitor is next to buy.

What is the best way to track down the power drain?

Thanks
      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

If you can get 12v to your bedroom, the CPAP machines run much more efficiently on 12v than going through the inverter. Also, the humidifiers on the machines take a lot of power to run as well.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I recommend running the 12V and getting the 12V adapter for your wifes unit. This is how I did mine https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom.

On thing to double check is your fridge - it should not be on the AUTO setting as it will default to AC when it sees 120V. You need to have it manually set to LP.

Anytime it is on, even when not having a load it uses power 3.8A per the manual and it 90% efficient. file:///C:/Users/POWER/AppData/Local/Temp/SPEC_GP-ISW2000_3000_RevE-min.pdf

Hope this helps
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Fridge and water heater are on propane. Yeah, separate battery monitor is next to buy.

What is the best way to track down the power drain?

Thanks
            The best way would be a monitor. If not that, then a DC ammeter, clamp on is the easiest. With that you will be able to see the current draw, and start to remove loads to see how much everything is drawing. I would start by turning off the inverter and see what you DC current draw is without that. Then connect it and see what it adds. I would bet most of your draw is from it. Then turn off your AC breakers one at a time until you find which one has what draw and map it all out. Another possibility would be a outside fridge if you have one? Keep in mind anything you run off the inverter is pretty much a 10x draw from the batteries. My outside fridge draws 3 amps when running, so thats 30 amps through the inverter.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I recommend running the 12V and getting the 12V adapter for your wifes unit. This is how I did mine https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom.

On thing to double check is your fridge - it should not be on the AUTO setting as it will default to AC when it sees 120V. You need to have it manually set to LP.

Anytime it is on, even when not having a load it uses power 3.8A per the manual and it 90% efficient. file:///C:/Users/POWER/AppData/Local/Temp/SPEC_GP-ISW2000_3000_RevE-min.pdf

Hope this helps
              Keith
              Will order the 12 to 24V system. Sounds like a good idea even when I get the other power drains fixed.
              2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
              X