• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Design Solar FAQ

Below is the link to the solar FAQ from Grand Design:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/solar-faqs

The FAQ contains the following entry:

Do I have to do anything with my solar system before I plug into shore power?

No, your camper comes with an internal automatic transfer switch which will switch from battery power as soon as you plug in*
    *On Transcend XPLOR - No, although it is good to shut off the solar charger when not in use.

I have the Transcend Xplor 200MK, and I have checked all of the manuals and I didn't find any way to "shut off" the solar controller as per the recommendation above. How do you shut-off the Furrion solar charge controller?

Thanks

aorrville

Answer: Turn off the battery disconnect switch.

Suggestion: Install a dedicated switch that only cycles power on the Furrion controller. Note it is important to disconnect the PV coming from the panels into the controller first, then turn off the battery power to the controller.

Manual attached if you don't have one.

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Howard,

I performed some testing on the electrical system today. It appears that the battery disconnect will disconnect the battery and solar cells from the main 12v power bus. However, it does not turn off the solar charger.

Does the Shore power system include a 12v convertor to power the 12volt bus and also charge the battery?

Thanks!

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by aorrville View Post
        Hi Howard,

I performed some testing on the electrical system today. It appears that the battery disconnect will disconnect the battery and solar cells from the main 12v power bus. However, it does not turn off the solar charger.

Does the Shore power system include a 12v convertor to power the 12volt bus and also charge the battery?

Thanks!

Randy
        Yes, if you're plugged into shore power the converter will supply 12v to the Furrion (and other) components in the trailer regardless of the status of the battery disconnect switch.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X