Inverter ac output volt setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    The good old days of an IBM 360/370 main frame running off punch cards, Fortran, Watt5. Cmos, others, and machine code. I had to learn machine code on my own to finish my senior project. Nothing like going through 500 to 1000 pages of dump trying to find the one line of messed up code the someone else put in year earlier.

As for electricity - well lets say I know its working when I get bit or fry something. Transistors were new when I took electronics in High School. Funny I was a wiz at identifying resister color coding.

Speaking of punch cards and hanging chads , The punch card machines in College did not type what you punched as you typed. You had to go over to a compiling unit to do that, then go back through the cards and check for typing and spelling which I am great at..........NOT And heaven help you if you dropped your card box before you numbered your cards

It is great having the experts here - I have learned a lot and you folks have helped me not mess things up.......well yet

Keith
    Had to learn Fortran in school but we had computers then rather than punch cards. I heard stories about folks falling and dropping a box of punch cards while headed to the compiler. And they were in order, oh my. How times have changed where the Cloud as Dallas stated sounds so much better than some server out there with your personal information. There is new software now thats built into windows that hijacks your files and pics and calls it a convenience. Like MS One Drive. Deleted it! LOL.

Jim

Comment

Company is using One Drive. Along with the new windows setting that shutdown hibernates the OS kernel, you have to reboot to get a full kernel rebuild.

BOTH SUCK. OneDrive is a network nightmare steadily chewing bandwidth. And TEAMS, well just skip this one for now, give me skype back any day of the week.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Boy how far afield we have come. Set it to 120 V
        Last edited by Yoda; 04-14-2021, 04:48 PM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Bo how far afield we have come. Set it to 120 V
          I believe that was well understood on post 2

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

I believe that was well understood on post 2
            What a fun group - turn a simple discussion into an interesting lecture on electronic theory with 20 posts.
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post

Ahhhh! Memory lane. TTY and paper tape. Or you could spend hours on the midnight shift manually typing hex into the registers saving each line to specific address. Atari was the best computer. Wordperfect was the best word processing software. I hated it when GUI replaced CLUI, it was sooo slow. But it did eliminate having to memorize hundreds of shortcut keys.

Where has all the time gone.

What I get a kick out of is when something is renamed and sold as the latest greatest idea, like the "Cloud". Ok Cloud sounds better than server.

How electrically challenged am I?

When I buy a new multi-meter I have to take a marker, look at the manual, and mark one side AC and the other DC.

I always set my multi-meter to the biggest number so it doesn't blow up in my hand. You don't know, could happen.

It took me about 4 times getting shocked before I figured out you could turn the power off before replacing an electrical outlet.

If you get zapped by a charge from the coil on the car it will knock you on your butt.

If you take a car battery, jumper cables and two rods, connect the rods/cables to the battery and shove the rods into the ground about 10 feet apart the worms come out of the ground real fast, particularly if it has rained recently.

If you are having trouble finding a short in an auto lighting system just start the engine and turn everything on, then watch for smoke.

See, I really do know a lot about electricity....
              For all of us ME's who have cardiac arrest with electrical issues, this wins the humor award of 2021!
              2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

X2 on that one!

Comment

What a fun group - turn a simple discussion into an interesting lecture on electronic theory with 20 posts.
                  If we could share beer on the forum there would be 200 posts!
                  John & Kathy
                  2014 Reflection 303RLS
                  2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post

If we could share beer on the forum there would be 200 posts!
                    I'm in! There is the rally.

Jim

Comment

What a fun group of, ummm, “experienced folks” :-). I was just coming up when things were moving away from punch cards and FORTRAN but I did a bit of it in college courses, and some machine language programming to speed up the code in an early network analyzer on my first job. If you ask me about the early internet and network security I could tell a story or two. Can’t wait to see what’s on the WiFi in some of these rv parks :-)

electricty? I’d go 120v. Hmm, my DW brought a 240v compact washer dryer with her when she relocated back to the states after a stint in Europe. Maybe someday if I have too many beers I’ll get ambitious and you’ll see me post that we’ve stuffed that into our 2600RB.

Joe
                      Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

Sailor_Joe With one of those nifty Victron inverters you could make the 240v 50hz power needed.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                          Sailor_Joe With one of those nifty Victron inverters you could make the 240v 50hz power needed.
                          Ooo, that’s right, I’d forgotten that it needs 50hz. Another feature to help me convince her we need that Victron inverter :-)
                          Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
                            this wins the humor award of 2021!
                            And I was going for the Darwin award. Oh well.. Beer?

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
                            2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
                            E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
                            Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

The good old days of an IBM 360/370 main frame running off punch cards, Fortran, Watt5. Cmos, others, and machine code. I had to learn machine code on my own to finish my senior project. Nothing like going through 500 to 1000 pages of dump trying to find the one line of messed up code the someone else put in year earlier.

As for electricity - well lets say I know its working when I get bit or fry something. Transistors were new when I took electronics in High School. Funny I was a wiz at identifying resister color coding.

Speaking of punch cards and hanging chads , The punch card machines in College did not type what you punched as you typed. You had to go over to a compiling unit to do that, then go back through the cards and check for typing and spelling which I am great at..........NOT And heaven help you if you dropped your card box before you numbered your cards

It is great having the experts here - I have learned a lot and you folks have helped me not mess things up.......well yet

Keith
                              Ah yes, lines of code...... Click image for larger version

Name:	99 lines of code.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	51005
                              2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
                              X