2020 Solitude 373 Solar prep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Solitude 373 Solar prep?

Hi, so glad I found this forum. Can anyone tell me if this model has solar prep? We’re waiting on our 2020 Solitude 373 (private sale) and won’t have access for a couple more weeks. Does solar prep mean the wiring is already run from the roof? The idea of putting a hole in the roof is a little scary. Sorry, I’m a solar newbie. Thanks for your help!

Yes solar prep means there will be a pair of wires from the roof to the front pass thru. Yes it is possible that you have it. A call to customer service with the VIN and they will tell you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

16 Paws -- not 100% sure of the process, but once the sale goes through I suggest providing Grand Design with your contact information so if there's safety-related information they have a means to contact you.

GDRV-Megan -- for second (or subsequent) owners, is there an web-enabled method for owners to register their trailer with GD or should they just call GDCS?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by 16 Paws View Post
        Hi, so glad I found this forum. Can anyone tell me if this model has solar prep? We’re waiting on our 2020 Solitude 373 (private sale) and won’t have access for a couple more weeks. Does solar prep mean the wiring is already run from the roof? The idea of putting a hole in the roof is a little scary. Sorry, I’m a solar newbie. Thanks for your help!
        Once you have the VIN of the unit, you will want to call in to Customer Service (574-825-9679) to see if this unit was prepped with the solar prep option. I believe we started to do solar prep on 2020 units, so depending on build date, it may or may not have it.

howson the process is to provide some type of proof of ownership - as in vehicle registration or insurance card that has the VIN, to our customer service department, and we will update our records on our end so that all updates on the trailer (ie recalls/service bulletins, etc) can be communicated with the owner. This info can be sent to customerservice@granddesignrv.com

Comment

Originally posted by 16 Paws View Post
          If you decide to add panels to your roof, you will be putting lots of holes in the roof. The good thing is there are proven ways to do this without causing any issues. Many of the pre-solar prep campers have a roof satellite access panel/plate on the roof that you can remove to reveal a hole already there and a route to get wiring to the basement (ie: great for running solar wiring).

If you do have the actual solar prep on the roof, the MC4 connections and 10 AWG wiring will handle a nice sized system. I have 1200 watts (6 x 200 watt panels) on my roof now. I could add more and still use the factory wiring with no issues.
          2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
          1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
          2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

My 2020 310-gk had solar prep which included 2 #10 wires from box located on center of the roof to the center area near the converter. I connected 4 100 watt solar panels on the roof using the wires with now problem.

Comment

Working...
            X