No announcement yet.

Mythical new Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2 X 120V availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmph. My reply was made a household slogan by former First Lady Nancy Reagan. I'm sure you know what that is.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My reply comes from Big Tom Callahan, "Why say 'no' when it feels so good to 'yes?"

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5ea6f30...8-bb67da387413
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I just need to stay away from this thread! I had already seen the review....
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post
          I just need to stay away from this thread! I had already seen the review....
          Now you've done it. Standby for a tsunami of "helpful" tags about the device from bertschb , OffToHavasu and others.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Now you've done it. Standby for a tsunami of "helpful" tags about the device from bertschb , OffToHavasu and others.
            Glad I only have a 30A service. SWMBO wold have me on a Pike if it was 50A and I switched out what I bought
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Just received notice from Arizona Wind & Sun that all the Multiplus ll inverters are not shipping in June due to the COVID problems in India. Will be another month at least even if you have already paid for it. This will effect all the US suppliers.
              At least we have locked in the price! Lol
              Mark & Annette
              2021 2930rl
              1000w solar, 3k Multiplus ll 2x120, Cerbo GX, Touch 50, MorRyde rubberpinbox
              2020 Ram 3500 Dually, Max tow pkg

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
                My Victron dealer is telling me that that Victron will ship the next batch of Multiplus IIs to him on June 18, 2021. Lot's of time for Howson to think about how he's going to swap one in to simplify his setup and get everything powered by the inverter. It will probably save weight by getting rid of some switches/wires.
                Not a big surprise. My retailer told me that due to the international chip shortage, Victron now estimates that the the Multiplus II 2X120 will ship from the factory to the Victron U.S. warehouse around August 11. The Victron U.S. warehouse may get it until around August 25. Then shipping to the retailers after August 25. So realistically, the best case scenario is now the very end of August. I planned on starting my 3 month RV journey on August 20, so I wont have the Victron inverter that I hoped to have.

I also have to rig up a charging system for my 5 new Battleborn batteries, as the stock converter is not designed for Battleborns. Probably will use my existing converter fed through my 30/60 amp Renogy DC/DC charger.
                Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Man, I sure feel lucky to have secured one of the very first of these units that became available. Sorry some of you folks have to wait.
                  Brian & Kellie
                  2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                  2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                  2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                  2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Received notice that unit will be delivered tomorrow 8/9/21 from Arizona Wind&Sun. I hope everyone else with one on order has one arriving soon !
                    Now the fun begins.
                    Mark & Annette
                    2021 2930rl
                    1000w solar, 3k Multiplus ll 2x120, Cerbo GX, Touch 50, MorRyde rubberpinbox
                    2020 Ram 3500 Dually, Max tow pkg

Comment

Originally posted by Mwestall View Post
                      Received notice that unit will be delivered tomorrow 8/9/21 from Arizona Wind&Sun. I hope everyone else with one on order has one arriving soon !
                      Now the fun begins.
                      bertschb is losing his forum bragging rights! lol

Please start your own thread and detail your experience (good and bad) with the install. Share your lessons learned. Even after all this time I'm still learning new things about the Victron equipment and I'm sure others will benefit, too.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

bertschb is losing his forum bragging rights! lol

Please start your own thread and detail your experience (good and bad) with the install. Share your lessons learned. Even after all this time I'm still learning new things about the Victron equipment and I'm sure others will benefit, too.

Howard
                        Howard definitely wants to get your take because he's itching to get one!
                        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                        2020 Momentum 351M
                        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

SWMBO had the question about solar $$. I had a very succient answer. "Just how comrortable do you want to be?????"
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

The Unicorn does exist!!! Picked it up last night.

I have 5 Battleborn 100Ahour batteries installed around the wasted/not readily accessible space around the water heater in my 315RLTS travel trailer. I'm going to install the Multiplus II where the stock converter is located behind the fuse panel. However, the Multiplus II is pretty tall, so I'm going to have to rebuild the drawer above the converter to make it shallower to give more vertical space to the Multiplus II. Unfortunately, I won't have time to do this in the near future, as I'm heading out to Michigan/Wisconsin for a three week adventure next week.
                            Attached Files
                            Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                            2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                            2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Arizona Wind and Sun now lists them as in stock on their website . I received one from them about 2 weeks ago that had been on backorder for about 2 months
                              Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
                              2020 Solitude 310 GK
                              2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

Jimmer, I'm also planning to put a Multiplus 2 in a GD Reflection 315RLTS (2020). I just received my Multiplus 2 and due to the height, I plan on installing it in the pass through horizontally. I will have my 4 DIY Lifepo4 100ah 12v batteries and MPPT 100/50 controller in the same area. I figured it would be better to run 6/3 AC cables from the Shore power in port to the multiplus and then back to the panel vs running 12v 4/0 from the batteries to where the panel is. I was wanting to run the 12v from batteries to multiplus on as short a cables as possible. What do you see the benefit is for installing the multiplus 2 by the panel?

Comment

Working...
                                X