No announcement yet.

Mythical new Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120-50 2 X 120V availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmer -- see post #30. Teeder1 -- best to quote or "tag" your intended audience to ensure they see your post. (All the information on how to do this is in the Forum Use channel.)

Hope this helps...

Howard (Moderator)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Jimmer -- see post #30. Teeder1 -- best to quote or "tag" your intended audience to ensure they see your post. (All the information on how to do this is in the Forum Use channel.)

Hope this helps...

Howard (Moderator)
      Like this? Did howson upgrade to the new Victron yet?
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Teeder1 View Post
        Jimmer, I'm also planning to put a Multiplus 2 in a GD Reflection 315RLTS (2020). I just received my Multiplus 2 and due to the height, I plan on installing it in the pass through horizontally. I will have my 4 DIY Lifepo4 100ah 12v batteries and MPPT 100/50 controller in the same area. I figured it would be better to run 6/3 AC cables from the Shore power in port to the multiplus and then back to the panel vs running 12v 4/0 from the batteries to where the panel is. I was wanting to run the 12v from batteries to multiplus on as short a cables as possible. What do you see the benefit is for installing the multiplus 2 by the panel?
        If you are comfortable with wood working, it wasn't to hard to shorten the height of the drawer to make room for the height of the Multiplus II, but this arrangement took a lot of time. The reason I put the Multiplus next to the furnace/under the Control Panel was to save the limited cargo room of a travel trailer for other things. Thus, I put 5 Battleborn 100 amp hour batteries in the space surrounding the water heater which makes my batteries fairly close to the Multiplus. Another advantage of my setup is that it reduces the tongue weight of the trailer by shifting the Multiplus right over the axles, and moving the batteries toward the back of the trailer.

Also note that the Multiplus II does make a humming noise when charging. I actually installed an additional Victron 30 amp Lithium battery charger behind the Multiplus due to a previous problem with the Multiplus II charging (which is now fixed by a firmware upgrade based on Victron's study of my problem unit), and this avoids having the humming in the living area as this smaller charger is pretty much silent as compared to the charger of the Multiplus II.

I would not recommend my arrangement of batteries and the Multiplus II unless you like punishing yourself. It took quite a lot of time and effort to get 5 batteries to fit in the water heater area, and to get the Multiplus II to fit under the cabinet. Now that it's done (except of the solar), I'm very happy with it. But howson has the arrangement that you are considering, and it works well that way.

So to answer your question, running a 6/3 wire to carry the AC to the panel is the more straightforward/easier way to install. My install is only for those that like to play Tetris for many many weeks Click image for larger version  Name:	Multiplus II.jpg Views:	3 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	70224 . Click image for larger version  Name:	Batteries around Water Heater.jpg Views:	2 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	70223
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jimmer; 11-15-2021, 01:08 PM.
        Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
        2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
        2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Jimmer Thank you for your reply. I don't think I'm up to the wood working challenges and I'm not too worried about giving up my pass through. I think with all the "stuff" I had in there plus the 2 lead acid batteries I was carrying behind the propane tanks, I'm likely lighter now than I was. I plan to use the back seat of my F250 to replace the pass through.

Comment

Working...
          X