Solar Pre-Wire Question - 20amp Renogy MPPT controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Pre-Wire Question - 20amp Renogy MPPT controller

I have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB prewired for solar. In looking at the wires in the pass-through I have four wires total. Two from the panels, no problem there. Then I have a positive and a negative for "The Controller". What are the controller wires for? The Renogy controller provides for your +/- solar input, +/- power out to the batteries, and one or two loads out. What function do the controller wires serve? Are these wires for a remote panel to observe the function of the controller or are they truly the wires going back to charge the battery? If so they are very light in gauge.

Any help would be appreciated. I can not find any wiring diagrams.

Originally posted by MJGibbs View Post
    I have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB prewired for solar. In looking at the wires in the pass-through I have four wires total. Two from the panels, no problem there. Then I have a positive and a negative for "The Controller". What are the controller wires for? The Renogy controller provides for your +/- solar input, +/- power out to the batteries, and one or two loads out. What function do the controller wires serve? Are these wires for a remote panel to observe the function of the controller or are they truly the wires going back to charge the battery? If so they are very light in gauge.

Any help would be appreciated. I can not find any wiring diagrams.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "controller wires". There are the two wires coming in from the panels ("PV") and the two that go to the battery. That's it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20A.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	59521
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

MJGibbs Welcome to the family and the forum!

The only thing I can tell you is that solar power comes from the sun and costs a lot of money.

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

should be 2 from the panels and the other 2 should go to the batteries.
        2018 Reflection 315RLTS
        2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

You may need to cut off the end caps to measure for voltage. They are capped over for protection. Two of the wires will measure 12+ volts. These are battery wires and go into the battery slots in the terminal. Connect these first. The other two go to the roof and go into the PV slots.
          Jeff & Pam
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

The wires from my panels to the controller are 10 gauge as supplied by GD but I did increase the to 8 gauge and they run that size to the buss bars where connections to other size wires happen.
            Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
            2020 Solitude 310 GK
            2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

I have the same setup on my 2021 17 MKE. They are labeled controller which I get as these should be the wires coming from the roof, the other is labeled inverter. So not sure where those go? I think in order to get full benefit, the output from the controller needs to go directly to the battery so that it will fully charge my lithium batter (I never upgraded the original converter). Any thoughts or help on this one? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by garmanmd View Post
                I have the same setup on my 2021 17 MKE. They are labeled controller which I get as these should be the wires coming from the roof, the other is labeled inverter. So not sure where those go? I think in order to get full benefit, the output from the controller needs to go directly to the battery so that it will fully charge my lithium batter (I never upgraded the original converter). Any thoughts or help on this one? thanks
                Please take a pic of the wires and post it.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X