Victron Power Assist Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victron Power Assist Rocks!

It's been at least a few weeks since I sang the praises of the Power Assist feature of my Victron Inverter so I thought I'd chime in with my most recent experience. We just arrived at the Butte Montana KOA. Our site only has 30 amp service. My wife asked if that would be a problem since it's 90 degrees outside and she wants to run both AC units (the RV has been heating up inside during our five hour drive today). I said - "Do you remember that $13,000 I spent on our factory solar system upgrade? Well, it will allow us to run both A/C units AND the hot water heater on 30 amp shore power no problem. Money well spent huh????" She actually does think it's pretty cool and never questions the money I spend on anything which makes her one in a million right there.

Anyway, it is very cool to have a system that supplements shore power with battery power while the solar panels recharge the batteries. My system has been flawless since it was installed and has come in handy more times than I can remember during this three month multi-state trip we're on. We've been to several parks with low enough voltage that my EMS cut power, parks where power has gone out, parks with 30 amp service, etc In all cases, my Victron system has seamlessly supplied all the power I need. The only way I know when we lose shore power is when I get an email from my system alerting me to that.

I didn't really need this system because we don't boondock - at least not yet. But the other advantages it brings to the table makes it worthwhile to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 3.05.09 PM.png Views:	39 Size:	444.4 KB ID:	62054
    Last edited by bertschb; 07-31-2021, 10:50 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Brian - thanks, for the update......you understand what you are doing and perform great work. When you and Kellie get ready to sell your 310, let Carol and me know !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
      Brian - thanks, for the update......you understand what you are doing and perform great work. When you and Kellie get ready to sell your 310, let Carol and me know !

Dan
      Thanks Dan. I think ​​​​​​​howson actually understands my system better than I do but I did enjoy installing it and learned quite a bit while doing it.
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
      X