Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaboni controller nearly caught fire.

2021 399th.
    I walked outside to an electrical smell. Opened up the trailer to find that the solar controller was arcing and melting. Trailer was connected to a batter trickle charger, the 120ac breaker turned off, solar was “turned off” and the display panel. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Psobyra View Post
    2021 399th.
    I walked outside to an electrical smell. Opened up the trailer to find that the solar controller was arcing and melting. Trailer was connected to a batter trickle charger, the 120ac breaker turned off, solar was “turned off” and the display panel. Any ideas?
    Yikes. Can you please put your VIN in your profile? See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ofile-a-how-to if you're unsure how to do it.

Was there any work done on the camper or anything you can think of that may have led to this event?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Vin has been added. No work has been done to the trailer whatsoever. I’ve used it 5 times in nearly a year. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

2021 399th.
        Just looked at the Jaboni installation manual. You do have a 40 amp (or smaller) breaker or fuse 18" or less from the battery terminal -- right?
        2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
        Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
        2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
        18k B&W Companion, non-slider
        640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
        Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
        Somerset, WI

Comment

Vin has been added. No work has been done to the trailer whatsoever. I’ve used it 5 times in nearly a year. Thank you for the reply.
          A GD rep should be calling you on Monday for more information and resolve this issue.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My charge controller overheated the first time I used it. The only thing running was the fridge and inverter. Luckily I heard it and turned it off before anything melted. I’m currently waiting on a warranty replacement.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another movie clip from iPhone.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X