Solar Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Ready

We have a new 2020 337 RLS on the roof there is a black box like cover . And in the front storage there is about 3ft of wire red and black. I was told that there is wire and the connectors for solar on the roof. Our rig was made after June 2019 and is the new colors and has no solar plug in the front. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Bruce!

That cap on the roof contains the other end of the wire and should be terminated in MC4 plugs. The wire should be 10 AWG. If you can take some photos it would help all of us. If you want to post photos, click on the picture of the camera and then upload your pics.

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you Jim for your reply. I haven’t open the box on the roof yet as I want to make sure I have the sealer to make sure I don’t get any leaks . I have been looking at solar panels and trying to decide which one to go with. I’m looking for about 175 watts. Thanks again. Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        Thank you Jim for your reply. I haven’t open the box on the roof yet as I want to make sure I have the sealer to make sure I don’t get any leaks . I have been looking at solar panels and trying to decide which one to go with. I’m looking for about 175 watts. Thanks again. Bruce
        Bruce,
        If you haven't seen Jim's "Solar 101" presentation, check out this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/2...national-rally
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          Bruce

If you are only needing a "suit case" style panel you can add the solar plug, like on the older units , to your unit and use that if you do not wish to add panels to the roof.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Bruce

If you are only needing a "suit case" style panel you can add the solar plug, like on the older units , to your unit and use that if you do not wish to add panels to the roof.

Brian
            If you do add the Furrion solar port to your unit, you need to be mindful that it is limited to 120 watts.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X