No announcement yet.

Swapping OEM SCC for Victron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobster43 -- not familiar with that controller. Does the manual specify a requirement?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Does not give a requirement

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsrv View Post
        Does not give a requirement
        I would think it should be, but if it's not in the manual I'd reach out to them or your dealer to find out for sure.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post
          After reading about someone claiming their Furrion SCC burned up their SOK lithium (I realize one report does not mean it's a fact the Furrion caused the problem) I'd like to swap out the Furrion SCC and replace with a Victron.

Are the wires from the Furrion 165W solar panel (just one) to the SCC "standard" and can easily be used with the Victron SCC? I'll be paying a shop to do the install, but I'm just wondering how large the project will expand into, or if it's an easy component swap.

Thanks!
          Mike I may be late to the conversation, but I was going to suggest is if your planning a future solar upgrade to get a larger Victron MPPT controller to handle the upgraded package.

But you probably done with the project already.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Mike I may be late to the conversation, but I was going to suggest is if your planning a future solar upgrade to get a larger Victron MPPT controller to handle the upgraded package.

But you probably done with the project already.
            Keith
            Thanks Keith! No, project has been delayed indefinitely. Apparently the trailer has a failed weld in the wall frame and in process of finding out how GD wants to deal with it. 😭
            Last edited by Mike & Rebecca; 05-08-2022, 10:31 AM.
            Mike and Rebecca
            2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
            2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Thanks Keith! No, project has been delayed indefinitely. Apparently the trailer has a failed weld in the wall frame and in process of finding out how GD wants to deal with it. 😭
              Sorry to hear that, I had a bad weld in my wall last year. Took it to the factory and they replaced the whole wall. Hopefully they'll take care of you.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Bummer
                I hope GD get you fixed and on the road.
                Safe travels
                Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                X