Panels vs Pine Cones -- Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panels vs Pine Cones -- Problem?

Considering putting solar on my 315RLTS. My question is how well do they withstand impacts from pine cones? I have very tall trees on the property next door. Pine cones have already caused holes in my TPO roof that I've had to repair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191202_085459 (Large).jpg
Views:	499
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	8275
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

You need to put a roof over that thing.

Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The panels are glass, so there is a risk. But I've banged mine around while handling them with no damage. What ever you do, don't use the flexible panels on the roof. There have been many roofs damaged by the heat that is generated. I wonder if placing a sheet of plexiglass over the panels would have any adverse effects?

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        You need to put a roof over that thing.
        The CFO of the family said "no"! :(
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

@howson
          Howard - make peace with the squirrels and they might stop throwing them at you

As Jim said, get some pexyglass from HD and cover the panels - a little tape can hold them on - just remove and store for your trips.
          Last edited by Yoda; 12-05-2019, 04:33 PM.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X