2022 380fl solar prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 380fl solar prep

Can anyone help me with the solar prep wiring in the 380fl. I'm not adding any solar panels to my rig right now but I do want to add a inverter for boondocking over night here and there. Do the wires I have circled that say solar power lead directly to the breaker box? And are these the wires I would connect to the ac output side of the inverter to power the rv? Thank you.

Originally posted by KDfulltime2022 View Post
    Can anyone help me with the solar prep wiring in the 380fl. I'm not adding any solar panels to my rig right now but I do want to add a inverter for boondocking over night here and there. Do the wires I have circled that say solar power lead directly to the breaker box? And are these the wires I would connect to the ac output side of the inverter to power the rv? Thank you.
    The wires in your picture interconnect solar panels to a solar controller, and then the solar controller to the batteries. (Solar + and - are the controller-to-battery wires; the Control + and - are the solar panel-to-controller wires.) These wires have nothing to do with hooking up an inverter to your RV if solar panels (and a controller) are not being utilized.

Remember that solar's function is to charge the battery bank. The battery bank is what supplies power to the inverter (when not on shore power) to provide 120vAC. There are many alternative ways to charge batteries other than solar (generator, DC-DC charger, shore power, etc).

If the last three sentences are "greek", consider investing $5 or so to acquire and read Will Prowse' book Mobile Solar Power Made Easy. All of the information in Will's book is available elsewhere in many different forms, but I found the single source (that I could read at my leisure in a lounge chair) well worth the minor expense.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X