Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310 gk solar panel wires

Hello
    I have a 2021 310 GK that has a solar prep package. There’s no hardware in this except a Jaboni enclosure on the roof. My understanding is that there are wires pre-wired for panels that run down into one of the compartments. I have looked in the front compartment and can find no terminated wires and so I’m wondering if anybody knows where the wires end up and if they are in the pass-through. Any help would certainly be appreciated as it is not obvious where these wires are. Thanks
    Paul, Judy and Embr
    2021 310 gk
    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Paul and judy -- there should be wires coming down from the roof. They might be terminated behind the false wall, aft side of the storage area. (This is typically where all the stuff is in a 5vr like the water heater, furnace, CompassConnect boards, converter, etc.)

Where is the Jaboni enclosure on the roof?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you locate the wires, could you please update us? It would be most appreciated.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

[QUOTE=howson;n84264]Paul and judy -- there should be wires coming down from the roof. They might be terminated behind the false wall, aft side of the storage area. (This is typically where all the stuff is in a 5vr like the water heater, furnace, CompassConnect boards, converter, etc.)

Where is the Jaboni enclosure on the roof? [/QUOTE

The Jaboni enclosure on the roof is about halfway down the rig right by the stairs That little black box by the slide on right hand sideClick image for larger version

Name:	3744C4AB-00CE-4247-B52D-EAE543F2AF90.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	84269
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk

Comment

They really should be located in the front storage at the battery or the self resetting breakers, may be above that on the ceiling, I know that you have looked there but that where they are supposed to be. Checking behind the false wall may be a good idea as well. I wonder if they are stuck up somewhere and the factory did not pull them down into view.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
            The Jaboni enclosure on the roof is about halfway down the rig right by the stairs That little black box by the slide on right hand side
            At the factory (on Reflections) when the junction was in the location identified on your trailer, the wires ran as I've shown below. For clarity, the wires are above the ceiling but under the roof.

Sorry that's not much help for exactly where they come out in the camper, but at least in Reflections the wires were between the front cap and front of the trailer's interior.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Solar Wiring.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	84299
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Paul and judy Not sure this helps you, but FWIW, here is what mine looked like (2021 303RLS). In the front bay, there were two sets of 10awg wires (circled at the top). These would connect to solar charge controller. One pair (red and red w/black stripe) is input from solar panels and comes from the Jaboni box on the roof. The other pair loops from there down to the battery area (circled at bottom with the inline fuse holder). These would be the output from the solar charge controller to your battery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar prep.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	84380
              Ken & Sandra
              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post
                Paul and judy Not sure this helps you, but FWIW, here is what mine looked like (2021 303RLS). In the front bay, there were two sets of 10awg wires (circled at the top). These would connect to solar charge controller. One pair (red and red w/black stripe) is input from solar panels and comes from the Jaboni box on the roof. The other pair loops from there down to the battery area (circled at bottom with the inline fuse holder). These would be the output from the solar charge controller to your battery.

Name:	Solar prep.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	84380
                Thanks KSC

you even have a sign. I do not. In the pass through there is a sign saying satellite channel but no hole or anything and I have not seen those wires in the front compartment. I am now guessing there is no standard location. My next step is to see if I can find behind the wall in pass through a howson has suggested. Rig is up at me seasonal spot and not going there until may 24
                Paul, Judy and Embr
                2021 310 gk

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

At the factory (on Reflections) when the junction was in the location identified on your trailer, the wires ran as I've shown below. For clarity, the wires are above the ceiling but under the roof.

Sorry that's not much help for exactly where they come out in the camper, but at least in Reflections the wires were between the front cap and front of the trailer's interior.

Click image for larger version Name:	Solar Wiring.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	84299
                  I found these wires in the pictures in my front compartment. Do you think they could be the solar wires? I am wondering because it appears they are attached to thinner wires so looking for folks opinions. These wires are in the top of the compartment over the generator prep compartment

Name:	1D356867-7C9D-4435-B630-AF176C540F06.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	86010
                  Paul, Judy and Embr
                  2021 310 gk

Comment

Paul and judy

Those are not the solar prep wires.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post

I found these wires in the pictures in my front compartment. Do you think they could be the solar wires? I am wondering because it appears they are attached to thinner wires so looking for folks opinions. These wires are in the top of the compartment over the generator prep compartment

Name:	1D356867-7C9D-4435-B630-AF176C540F06.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	86010
                      Wires will likely be a 10 awg paired black and red wire.
                      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Well I finally found the solar wires. I feel a little bit like a dummy because they were obvious all along in behind this bus bar cover for whatever reason I guess I never took it off and saw the wires but they were clearly identified and obvious. So all my bad thoughts about Grand design were false. You can’t see the wires here because I’ve already pulled them forward into the pass-through compartment
                        where the solar charge controller will be.

Name:	2C780A88-E4C9-419B-8C59-F6ED46F12CA3.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	93400
                        Paul, Judy and Embr
                        2021 310 gk

Comment

Working...
                        X