2022 310 GK Solar package & Microwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 310 GK Solar package & Microwave

I had read other members re wiring the factory microwave to the factory solar.....awesome idea & thankyou

The sub panel & main are S x S in this rig, I wondered how difficult would this be. Local electrician that works with houseboat's & solar systems I thought I would give him a ring. He stopped by & in less than 1 hour this modification was completed.

Removing the two drawers above the panels & the covers wiring was easily accessible. A dual breaker was added in the sub panel for separate switching of the fridge & microwave.

The convection microwave has a light & dual speed range fan. Nice features you would not be able to use with the factory inverter wiring.......usable now.

As a side note I asked the dealer about doing this, they quoted 4.5 hours. They were going to pull another wire from the micrwave to the sub panel. Thanks to the members who have posted I new the dealer over complicating, that really means they did not understand what to do.
    2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
    2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box
    2ea 200ah lithium BT heated

Maybe it is too hot here today but I have to ask, What does Solar have to do with the microwave? These are 2 totally different things.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Maybe it is too hot here today but I have to ask, What does Solar have to do with the microwave? These are 2 totally different things.

Brian
      I think he's referring to the inverter prep more than solar. He moved the microwave circuit over to the inverter subpanel.

Nice mod! Glad it was painless.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
        Fresh snow in the mountains today, couple of sledders heading up for end of season spin. There are other climates. Factory solar & running your microwave due work together if you don't hang around a spa type RV setting :-)
        2022 Solitude 310 GK, Solar Package, Awnings, Outdoor Kitchen, Dual AC & Heat Pump
        2014 GMC 3500HD Long Box
        2ea 200ah lithium BT heated

Comment

Working...
        X