Battery compartment reinforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery compartment reinforcement

What is a good way to reinforce the battery compartment? I am putting 4 lithium batteries in the compartment along with other solar items and would like ideas on how to reinforce.

Originally posted by Ktam51 View Post
    What is a good way to reinforce the battery compartment? I am putting 4 lithium batteries in the compartment along with other solar items and would like ideas on how to reinforce.
    What year and model GD?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Ktam51 ,

x2 on Howard's question about which model you have.
      Lithium batteries are very light weight . . . you may not need any reinforcement.
      If you do, running square tube or angle iron supports from frame rail to frame rail under the compartment is the most common reinforcement method.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Sorry,2020 303rls. Will use ant leftover space for storage.
        Last edited by Ktam51; 12-08-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

A peice of plywood , 5/8" or 3/4" thick , cut to fit would make a good reinforcement. This would also double as a mounting surface for goodies.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

At approximately 29 pounds each, four lithium batteries would not be much of a load. I'd go with the plywood suggestion Brian made.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Ktam51
              The floor of the forward compartment is 1/8" sheet steel (at least, my earlier model 303 is . . . best to check yours). If this is the case, this is already substantial structure. I would go with the fitted sheet of plywood suggested by Brian.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions.i will share with you what I do when I finish the project. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X