Panel install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel install question

I finally got my three 200W panels installed by a somewhat local RV shop. I just don't have the ability to get those things up there and was glad to hire it out. It's a pretty good shop and I like the owner. All they did was install the panels, two front to back on the right side and one on the left, long ends front to back and run the wires and install the roof entrance and then hook up to my already ran wires to the controller breaker. I didn't have them sealed afterwards simply because I needed to run the rig back home. I'll do that myself.

So, now the question. The two right ones he butted them up to one another, touching. In my mind, this "could or could not" cause an issue should there be any flexing. My first thought, perhaps not. But then I tend to go into over thinking mode.

Should I just seal everything up or, remove screws, bump back one mount hole back and re-screw? Bumping back would leave me four open small holes to seal up plus having to deal with the butel under the mounts.

What say the the please? Tomorrow is going to be a cooler day and I'd like to make a decision before the sun comes. Thanks in advance.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
    TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

I'm thinking the less holes the better

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Zahn View Post
      I'm thinking the less holes the better
      I tend to agree with you. I'm going to just seal everything and, "fly it and watch it". It ended up raining last night, 1/2 inch. Oh well.
      TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

That is the way mine are installed, and I have had no problem with them.
        2021 GD Imagine 2500RL with 600 watts of Solar added.
        2017 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by RockingKCranch View Post
          That is the way mine are installed, and I have had no problem with them.
          Actually, I jumped the gun a little. I was going off of what he told me. Got up there and the panels are in fact not touching so I'm happy overall with the install. Well spent 200 bucks.

Comment

Working...
          X