Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 24 MPR Toy Hauler. Solar Panel just to charge my battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 24 MPR Toy Hauler. Solar Panel just to charge my battery.

Greetings.
    I know very little but I do know that there are plug in on my roof for solar panel.
    Do I need something special between solar panel and battery to charge it?
    If so would you kindly direct me to that company to buy this item.
    Thank you very much!
    2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

There are lots of options... Some cheaper, some more expensive. I'll point you to my favorite.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZJ43L1...prefix=victron

-Mike-

2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
    2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by BoatFix View Post
      Greetings.
      I know very little but I do know that there are plug in on my roof for solar panel.
      Thank you very much!
      You need a solar charge controller. You need to make sure you size the solar charge controller based on your solar panel(s). There are many in this forum who can help do that if you can tell us what solar panel(s) you have.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Greetings.
        Thank you very much!
        Thank you!
        2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

You need a solar charge controller. You need to make sure you size the solar charge controller based on your solar panel(s). There are many in this forum who can help do that if you can tell us what solar panel(s) you have.
          Thank you!
          2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

BoatFix -- spend $5 and get Will Prowse' Solar Power Made Easy! book from Amazon. A few nights of reading and you'll have all the information and knowledge to make an informed buying decision. As a bonus, if you have someone else install the system you'll know if they are doing it right.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Solar-.../dp/1546567119

Click image for larger version

Name:	solar power.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	91251
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              BoatFix -- spend $5 and get Will Prowse' Solar Power Made Easy! book from Amazon. A few nights of reading and you'll have all the information and knowledge to make an informed buying decision. As a bonus, if you have someone else install the system you'll know if they are doing it right.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Solar-.../dp/1546567119

Click image for larger version  Name:	solar power.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	91251
              Thank you, and thank you all!

I have done enough research that I now know that it all is too expensive for me to do at that this time.
              Yep... I'm one of those fixed income retirees whose been watching his buying power vaporize by for and fuel costs (amongst other things)
              Time to get a side job!
              Last edited by BoatFix; 07-27-2022, 11:44 AM.
              2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

Thank you, and thank you all!

I have done enough research that I now know that it all is too expensive for me to do at that this time.
                Yep... I'm one of those fixed income retirees whose been watching his buying power vaporize by for and fuel costs (amongst other things)
                Time to get a side job!
                You are not alone. I hope you enjoy your trailer. The 24MPR was our 2nd choice. A very nice package in my opinion.
                Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

You are not alone. I hope you enjoy your trailer. The 24MPR was our 2nd choice. A very nice package in my opinion.
                  Thank you! Yes, we start traveling this September. We have a side x side we are taking with us and plan on a lot of trail riding.
                  2021 24'MPR ToyHauler

Comment

Working...
                  X