Need GDRV Solar Configuration Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need GDRV Solar Configuration Pictures

I'm working on solar presentations for the National Rally. What I need are pictures of stock, OEM configurations and/or wiring.

If you can help, upload the picture here to this thread. Please include the year and model of your RV (if it's not in your signature line).

One in particular picture I'm looking for is a Furrion 50A MPPT controller as wired and installed by GD from the factory.

Of course I also want pics of the previous Jaboni controller as installed, or just pictures of the "solar prep" wiring if nothing's been done to modify how it came from the factory. Since each line (and model) could be different, if you don't see your particular RV represented don't hesitate to upload your picture.

Thanks in advance!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

This is a 2021 Momentum 21G with solar package: 300W Jaboni Panel, 30 amp Jaboni MPPT, 1000W Magnum inverter with ATS, remote console, remote switch, and inverter cutoff.

Access panel was removed to show where inverter is at.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring 3.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	91627

Pictures are AFTER the wall between exterior storage and inverter area was removed.

Jaboni 30 amp MPPT on back wall
    Magnum 1000W inverter with separate ATS on floor
    Remote display and switch and the cutoff switch were removed with the wall they were mounted on.

Name:	wiring 1.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	91625

The 2 1/0 cables were for the cut-off switch. One went from the batteries to the cut-off switch and the other from the cut-off switch to the inverter.

AC wiring went from a main panel in bedroom to ATS, sub panel in bedroom to ATS, then ATS to inverter

Name:	Wiring 2.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	91626
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Interesting I was actually looking for pictures myself of my front bay solar and electrical evolution for an eventual post. Unfortunately i did not take a good shot of the Before other than the below which shows the stock bus bar with the Furrion 50AMP horizontally mounted above. 2022 28BH

Name:	IMG_2794.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	91629
      Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
      RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
      PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

2022 303
        2022 303RLS (9/21 build)

Comment

Imagine 2800BH
          Paul & Maja
          2022 Imagine 2800BHS
          2019 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke

Comment

2022 Reflection 31 mb

Sorry about the dirt on the solar... construction nearby.

-Mike-
            Last edited by mallstott; 08-02-2022, 08:42 AM.
            2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
            2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Mike,

interesting looking at your 31mb pictures. Looks like you got a shunt from the factory as stock. Is that correct? My 2022 28BH came with nothing like that.
              Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
              RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
              PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
                Mike,

interesting looking at your 31mb pictures. Looks like you got a shunt from the factory as stock. Is that correct? My 2022 28BH came with nothing like that.
                You don't have a Furrion Battery Monitor? If you have a monitor there's a shunt (somewhere).
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

You don't have a Furrion Battery Monitor? If you have a monitor there's a shunt (somewhere).
                  Mine doesnt have the monitor or shunt either, wondering how the one control app knows the battery voltage. This will all be changed soon, I have a 200AH Ampere Time going in and new converter and shunt coming very soon
                  2022 303RLS (9/21 build)

Comment

howson

Howard - here is a pic of the "solar prep" in the front bay on our 2021 303RLS (build date was 08/2020). A little bit dated from what is now is being included.

The prep included:
                    Jaboni roof gland (w/ MC4 connectors)
                    10awg cable (+ and -) from the roof gland to the front bay where they would connect to the solar controller. Also ziptied to these was another loop of 10awg cable (+ and -) to connect from the solar controller to the battery, along with an inline fuse holder.

While not a lot, I will say, it made the job of adding rooftop solar very easy - basically install the panels on the roof, connect them to the MC4 connectors on the Jaboni port on the roof, then connect the solar controller and battery in the front bay. BONUS, I was able to choose the brand of equipment to install and not be saddled with the OEM stuff.

Ken & Sandra
                    2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

KSC_Travels (Ken) -- perfect, thank you! I didn't have one even close to what you posted. Appreciate it.

FWIW--totally agree the only equipment GD should use is industry-standard MC4 components (like the roof gland on your trailer). I'm always tempted to jump on my "soapbox" when (anything) Furrion related is discussed on this forum...but I will restrain myself. No sense my .02 won't change anything.

Comment

I think the same thing, but my rant is related to the sheer amount of LCI components. I feel like someone definitely got a deal.
                        Paul & Maja
                        2022 Imagine 2800BHS
                        2019 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
                          Mike,

Yes, that shunt and solar was from the factory.

-Mike-
                          2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
                          2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by glennco View Post
                            I think the same thing, but my rant is related to the sheer amount of LCI components. I feel like someone definitely got a deal.

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I felt the same way. That said I had an interesting off the record discussion with someone at Grand Design about it. Certainly price is a factor,but what he told me that I didn't realize is the industry is in a weird spot for quantity. They need a lot of product, but they need a fraction of what say Ford would need. So they need vendors that can meet their quantity needs, but most of their needs are not huge enough that a vendor can spin up a full factory,they wouldn't be able to sell the rv market enough quantity to make a profit. So they end up with companies like Lippert and Furrion that are what all the other manufacturers use because they can meet those goals.

Unfortunately that makes it for for another vendor to come in because they need the quantity of multiple manufacturers to justify the investment and risk. Which results in more and more products from just a few OEM suppliers.

Neil Citro
                            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

So they end up with companies like Lippert and Furrion that are what all the other manufacturers use because they can meet those goals.

AND...now Lippert owns Furrion
                              Ken & Sandra
                              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X