AIMS 2000watt w ATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIMS 2000watt w ATS

I'm considering a AIMS 2000watt inverter with ATS. Does anyone have any experience installing the AIMS in a pre-wired inverter package.
    Also, is the factory installed inverter loop just a 30amp circuit? So, would it be correct to state that a rating of 30amp would be all that's needed in a transfer switch?

Thanks, would love to hear any feedback on the AIMS product.
    Bill and Shannon
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250, 6.7

On The Fly

30A circuit--are you referencing the DC input or AC output? If referencing the AC side of the equation 30A is plenty.

At the risk of providing too much information: a 2000W inverter will typically sustain about 16A of 120vAC (2000W / 120V =16.67A). To power the inverter at that level use the rule of 10: the batteries will have to supply @160A of 12vDC. (Remember--watts are watts, so 2000W = 120vAC * 16A = 12vDC * 160A).

I have no personal experience with AIMS as I'm an unabashed Victron fanboy. I often reference Will Prowse' recommendations--consider checking out https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/inverters.html

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had purchased a converter from them that was high end and could be switched to operate with all battery technologies. But I had a small issue which you may want to check out with their Inverter. The fan on the converter I purchased while low in draw, ran all the time. Even though it was quiet I wanted full control so I returned it.

My100ah AIMs LiFeP04 battery over delivers at a tested120ah. So AIMs makes good products.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'll send them a note asking about cooling fan.
        Bill and Shannon
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Working...
        X