“Drop in” lifepo4 100Ah battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Two 78 aH AGM batteries will provide about 94 AH of useable power if discharged 60% of their capacity. They weigh approximately 55.1 pounds for a total of 110.2 pounds.
    One 100aH LiFePO4 battery will yield approximately 99-100 aH of power and weigh about 29 pounds.

So you'd be able to get about 6 more amp hours of power and save 81 pounds. The typical LifePO4 100 aH battery will be about the same size as a group 27 battery, so you'd need a little larger battery box if yours will only fit a group 24.

As for the converter. The WFCO 8955PEC can be easily modified in 10-15 minutes by purchasing a WFCO 8955-AD-MBA board to replace the main board in your power center. The change Installs easily with only two screws, three AC wires, and two DC wires. The AD stands for Auto Detect, and can automatically determine whether you're connected to a lead acid (AGM) battery or lithium. Here's a link to the AD board on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/WFCO-WF-8955-...19080606&psc=1

According to WFCO, the AD board can be installed in any 8955 power center. I have not done this change myself, so I have no experience doing so.

Jim
    Hi Jim,
    i have a 2023 solitude 391DL with solar. My dealer installed one lead acid deep cycle battery before delivery. I have subsequently deleted the lead acid battery and replaced with 2x LiFePO4 12V (nominal) in parallel. I was able to read the manual on the solar charger and change it to the Lithium setting. However, I’m not quite sure what is charging the batteries when on shore power/generator.

Do you happen to know if my unit would have been factory fitted with the updated controller you mention above, or how I would determine what I have.

Another question: is it possible to recalibrate the battery charge level indicator on the control panel?

And finally, is there a remote way to turn on/off the installed inverter from inside the coach?

Much thanks.
    Patrick Sharp

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      If you boondock, buy a generator. The most important accessory.

Jim
      X2 on that one Jim
      USN Engineer Retired
      2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
      2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by pat.sharp View Post

Hi Jim,
        i have a 2023 solitude 391DL with solar. My dealer installed one lead acid deep cycle battery before delivery. I have subsequently deleted the lead acid battery and replaced with 2x LiFePO4 12V (nominal) in parallel. I was able to read the manual on the solar charger and change it to the Lithium setting. However, I’m not quite sure what is charging the batteries when on shore power/generator.

Do you happen to know if my unit would have been factory fitted with the updated controller you mention above, or how I would determine what I have.

Another question: is it possible to recalibrate the battery charge level indicator on the control panel?

And finally, is there a remote way to turn on/off the installed inverter from inside the coach?

Much thanks.
        Patrick Sharp
        Good morning Patrick.

According to the GDRV Parts website, your 2023 391DL is equipped with the WFCO WF-9855-AD Converter. The "AD" on this converter shows it has an "Auto Detect" feature that allows it to automatically select the correct charging profile for your new batteries. So no changes should be needed there. Here is a link to the WFCO page with all the pertinent info on your converter:

https://wfcoelectronics.com/product/...erter-charger/

I'm not sure if the battery voltage can be reprogrammed. What panel do you use to monitor it? Is it displayed on the One Control touch panel?

And finally, I'm not up to speed on the latest inverter technology. And I don't see the info in the owner's manual. The moderators are heading back to the factory for some tech training in May, and I'll ask the question then. But in the mean time, you can try contacting GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to see if they can answer the questions.

Jim
        GDRV Forum Moderator
        GDRV SW USA Rally Support Coordinator

Jim and Ginnie
        2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Good morning Patrick.

According to the GDRV Parts website, your 2023 391DL is equipped with the WFCO WF-9855-AD Converter. The "AD" on this converter shows it has an "Auto Detect" feature that allows it to automatically select the correct charging profile for your new batteries. So no changes should be needed there. Here is a link to the WFCO page with all the pertinent info on your converter:

https://wfcoelectronics.com/product/...erter-charger/

I'm not sure if the battery voltage can be reprogrammed. What panel do you use to monitor it? Is it displayed on the One Control touch panel?

And finally, I'm not up to speed on the latest inverter technology. And I don't see the info in the owner's manual. The moderators are heading back to the factory for some tech training in May, and I'll ask the question then. But in the mean time, you can try contacting GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 to see if they can answer the questions.

Jim
          Thanks Jim, that's exactly what I wanted to know about the converter/charger.

Regarding the monitor, I'm referring to the control panel that also has the tank level indicators, slide controls, etc.

I'll do some more investigation on remotely turning on/off the inverter.

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,
          Patrick

Comment

pat.sharp

There should be a switch located near the power panel that will turn on/off the inverter.

Also if you have the Furrion battery monitor, round gage, you can set it for your new battery bank.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
            630 ah battery, Victron Multiplus 2, 800 watts solar, 100/50 SCC
            2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Working...
            X