roof & front end cap concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof & front end cap concerns

we have a 2017 Imagine TT in which the front end cap has discolorization and the roof has some wrinkles. Since we are new at this travel trailer stuff can anyone tell us if this is normal wear & tear (as dealer says) or is this something we should be concerned and get fixed? attached are some photos
    2017 Ford F-250, 2017 Imagine 2950

That does not look like normal wear and tear to me. It looks like the clear coat or paint is just wearing off. I do not think that should happen. A larger concern that I would have is the sealant on the roof where the cap meets the roof material. There seems to be a rather large crack in the sealant in the second picture. I would fix this or have it fixed very soon. I would also inspect all of the other sealant on the roof.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by dandyrandy View Post
      we have a 2017 Imagine TT in which the front end cap has discolorization and the roof has some wrinkles. Since we are new at this travel trailer stuff can anyone tell us if this is normal wear & tear (as dealer says) or is this something we should be concerned and get fixed? attached are some photos
      The front cap is cosmetic.

Wrinkles in the TPO material are not in itself alarming, but I wholeheartedly agree with Brian. Get the cracks in the sealant fixed ASAP. Water will penetrate through cracks and wreck havoc inside your camper. Inspecting the sealant is a regular maintenance item. At minimum every six months.

If you want to fix yourself, you need RecPro or SuperFlex Self-Leveling Sealant (both made by Alpha Systems, the manufacturer of your TPO roof). Here's a link to the Superflex: https://www.campingworld.com/super-f...ite-80294.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	crack.JPG
Views:	784
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	10267
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Been there done that with the sealant issue. I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but I had SOB trailer and had the wrinkles appears. Had it inspected and there were cracks in the sealant from the factory. $2,500 later, and a new wood structure and plywood from wood rot.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Thanks all. Grand design has asked us to send an estimate on the front cap and we are taking unit in to dealer for the annual inspection and one of the things they are supposed to do is check the roof and reseal where necessary. So we will make sure this gets addressed
          2017 Ford F-250, 2017 Imagine 2950

Comment

Working...
          X