Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Locks Compatible with our Solitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Locks Compatible with our Solitude?

We want to replace our standard entry door key locks on our 2021 Solitude with keyless locks. We asked our dealership about it and they said they won't work with our RV which makes no sense.

Has anyone had luck replacing their locks with electronic ones and was there much modification to the door to get it to work? (Let me know if I'm posting this incorrectly. New member.)​
    Keith and Kathy Carter
    2021 Solitude 3740BH
    2015 RAM 3500 dually

Originally posted by Kathleen Carter View Post
    We want to replace our standard entry door key locks on our 2021 Solitude with keyless locks. We asked our dealership about it and they said they won't work with our RV which makes no sense.

Has anyone had luck replacing their locks with electronic ones and was there much modification to the door to get it to work? (Let me know if I'm posting this incorrectly. New member.)​
    There's nothing special (or different) that would not allow upgrading the lock(s) on your Solitude. Many here have purchased RV Lock products. See https://www.rvlock.com/ and, if you give them a call, they will advise you on what will work with your RV.

It's very simple to install--you can do it yourself. No need to go through the dealer IMO.

I don't have any connection with RV Lock, but noted on their website they have a 25% off sale through 25 March.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Your trailer probably uses all Bauer locks keyed alike. Bauer makes a nice electronic lock that you order to be keyed the same as your trailer.
      https://bauerproducts.com/product-ca...cts/rvhandles/

-Rob-
      -
      Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
      2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
      2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
      Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

I have the Bauer NE Bluetooth lock and it works great!! I have transferred it with me on my last 3 rv’s. I really like being able to unlock from my phone or watch. Unfortunately since we had it prior to our Solitude it is not keyed the same, I have contemplated buying a new one but with the keypad, phone and watch to unlock it I can’t remember the last time I used a key on the door to unlock it. Very simple install!!
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Sandridge4 I guess the other option and possibly cheaper is to replace the non entry door locks. You can buy them keyed to match whatever number you need.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X