Missing Vin Tag Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Vin Tag Info

Hi. Is there any way to get a replacement vin tag? Talking about the tag on the street side of the unit, in front of the propane door.

My tag is about 98% blank. There are three faint numbers on the right side of the tag. The tire info tag isnt much better, most of the info is missing.

My only concern here is the question of is there a way to get replacement tags?

Is there somewhere else that shows vin number. Doing some organizing today and had the title in my hand. Then wondered, when I sell this someday (way way in the future), does a bank or a buyer look to match a vin from a title with a vin on the unit?

Not an earth shattering issue but I'm trying to resolve.

Thanks.

​​​​​​​Pete Wilson

Greybeard46 (Pete) -- I suggest giving GD Customer Service a call.

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 04-14-2023, 08:17 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Greybeard46

Pete,

There is a metal VIN tag either on the a-frame/tongue of a TT or on the drver side wing where the pin box bolts to the frame on a fifth wheel, not sure which you have. You would need to contact Grand Design Customer Service and have the VIN and ask them the proper procedure, you may have to send them a copy of the title. I am not sure what they will require.

Brian
      Last edited by Country Campers; 04-14-2023, 08:12 AM. Reason: Location of VIN on fifth wheel
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with Grand Design.

Comment

Hi guys. I looked around the pin box & didnt see Vin info. Not saying it's not there, just I didn't find it.

I called Grand Design. Inside the entry door is a tag with Vin data. I'll look next time I'm at the rig.

You can also order replacement tags but you need to go thru a dealer. Local Lazy Days looked it up & they can order them. Cost is $75.98. Ouch. I think I'll pass but wanted to share what I had found out.

Pete Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Greybeard46 View Post
            Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with Grand Design.
            GDRV replaces these VIN stickers many times after they complete work at the factory service center where the wall or area of the VIN needs attention. A number of us long timers have had walls replaced by the factory and we have had to have new VIN stickers placed on the new walls. It should not be a challenge for GDRV Customer Service to get one for you. Keep us posted.

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
            X