Ramp Door Frame Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramp Door Frame Separation

DISCLAIMER: Not the most mechanically savvy.

Last night before a major rain storm as we were closing the ramp door on our 2019 Momentum 397TH the frame separated from the door itself on one side. It appears it's just held on by glue therefore wondering if anyone has any tips on how to reattach. My initial thought was to use JB Weld but would take any recommendations anyone has. Thanks!​

bikesbrewsnviews -- not sure on the best adhesive, but I can recommend that you ask the door's OEM (Lippert). Their customer service # is 432-547-7378.

Before you call look for a white sticker on the door. It should have what Lippert refers to as an "RPO" identifier. Having that information when you call Lippert will make it much easier for the person to provide the right advice.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm going to guess the glue is an epoxy. You would most likely need a marine epoxy to minimize the chance of moisture from weakening it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/J-B-Weld...0172/308473074

Does not look like there is much room for screws in the door frame, but any type of mechanical fastener would help.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you both. I spent a good bit of time on it yesterday to no avail as the door is sagging and a bit much for me to get realigned with just me and the few tools I have on hand. I'm calling in reinforcements on this.

Comment

have you tried a couple of blocks of wppd and some clamps? You may need to get a block long enough to go all the way to the other side then put a shorter block on top op of that near the area to be aligned using the clamp to "drive" the 2 pieces to proper elevation between them.

You may also need a couple of longer pipe clamps to draw the piece back in to alignment with the door material. If ingenious you can put the dead ends of the pipe clamps together in opposing directions to make the clamp longer as most of us do not own a 10' long clamp.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X