Rear window replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window replacement

Slider window on back of coach (2019 230 RL) disintegrated on us in transit. Have no idea how/why, but it’s gonzo. Only thing left was the slider window frame and handle. Anyone with tips on replacing it? I’ve contacted Lippert (manufacturer of windows) and waiting to see if I can just buy the one window instead of entire frame/windows. Thanks, Tim.

TRSayers
    Our resident "if it's going to happen it will happen to him" member is d2reid. He has a lengthy thread about replacing a window. There could be information in it that you'll find helpful. See

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...tion-pit-falls

There's potentially quite a few more, too. My favorite search method is to use DuckDuckGo (or Google) and limit the search to this forum--works great. Try this criteria in your favorite search engine and you'll see a bunch of threads to browse: window site:gdrvowners.com

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Don't use Butyl type seals. howson provided a link to my story and I think I pretty well covered the subject. But if you have any more questions feel free to PM me. You can contact Grand Design customer support (574-825-9679) with you VIN and they will give you the specs to pass on to Lippert. Let us know what Lippert said.
      2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
      2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
      E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
      Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
      X