Rear Bumper Bracket/Mount for 2022 Imagine 2970RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper Bracket/Mount for 2022 Imagine 2970RL

My trailer came equipped with a rear ladder and a spare tire mount in the rear. I want to be able to mount my bicycle and my Rhino Tank to the back. I use a ladder-mounted bike rack. But I have nowhere to mount the Rhino Tank.

The issue is that I only have 3/4" clearance from the top of the 4" bumper to the bottom of the trailer exterior wall.

Any ideas for supplemental mounts that can clear this 3/4" clearance?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trailer Rear End 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	117474
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SODowd; 07-31-2023, 05:22 PM.

I would just caution to not install too many items on the bumper. The bumper material is fairly thin and they tend to break at the welds where connected to the frame. A tongue mounted bike rack called a "Jack it" bike rack made by Lippert might be a better option. Move the bike to the front on the new rack and mount the Rhino Tank to the ladder, this will provide less weight on the ladder also.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If needed there is always the option to help reinforce the bumper. https://www.zoro.com/quick-products-...xoC3t4QAvD_BwE is a bolt on solution.

https://mount-n-lock.com/safetystrut...umper-failure/
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I repurposed a bike rack to hold the gray tank. Turned the arms without bike hardware inward to box in the tank. Then ratchet strap to secure.
        Jason & Kim
        Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        2016 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
        X