Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3210BH Door Hinge

Hello,

Picked up our new 3210BH about 2 months ago and noticed that the door hinges are starting to pop off over the weekend. Should there be additional rivets or screws?

Looks like screws were over torqued and separated at the heads. They need to be extracted and replaced with the proper torque setting.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

I have not seen this issue before, and I guess we should not see this issue at all. Lippert, the door manufacture, installs the rivets so the door is secure to the door frame and then the door is installed by the manufacture, in this case GD, with the screws, that are still holding the hinges in place, into the door opening in the wall. I think a call to your dealer should get this straightened out, a call and email with these pictures could be sent to GD Customer Service as well. Let us know what comes of this please.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for your responses! I should have compared this to the other door. Looks like they forgot to install the rivets. Only thing holding the door on is the three screws.

Comment

Working...
        X