How to Fix Front Cap Molding Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Fix Front Cap Molding Issue

I was giving the 378MBS a bath this past weekend and notice that the decal in the upper road side corner where the front cap meets the fiberglass was lifting. Upon closer inspection the molding is lifting it. All the caulking is intact and I had a similar issue with the same type of molding underneath by the kingpin that the dealer fixed under warranty. I am now out of warranty and would like to fix this myselt. Anyone have any idea on how this trim goes on and comes off? I know that there is a metal strip under it but just trying to figure out if I need to remove everything or pull a section up and re-fasten the metal strip underneath. The dealer seemed to do it and replace the snapped off screw without removing everything when they fixed a section by the kingpin.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Attached Files
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

There is a plastic trim insert in the metal trim part, it just pulls out but maybe siliconed at the top. You could just pull out what you need to access the screws for repairs.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      There is a plastic trim insert in the metal trim part, it just pulls out but maybe siliconed at the top. You could just pull out what you need to access the screws for repairs.

Brian
      This part is different than the one with the plastic trim insert along the roof line. This one seems to be the plastic trim all around and not inserted into the metal but slid over the metal.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Calbar View Post

This part is different than the one with the plastic trim insert along the roof line. This one seems to be the plastic trim all around and not inserted into the metal but slid over the metal.

Rob
        If there is a screw holding the end up near the down spout the insert will come out, hard to tell in the picture. It may look like it is outside the trim piece but it should be inside.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

If there is a screw holding the end up near the down spout the insert will come out, hard to tell in the picture. It may look like it is outside the trim piece but it should be inside.

Brian
          Thanks Brian,

There is a screw at the top near the downspout so I will have a look at that to see if I remove that and how things might come out. I do know from looking at it that the outer trim is what is sealed to the wall and it is different than the trim along the roof edge where you can just use a screwdriver to lift the plastic insert out and get at the screws.

I will check to see if your suggestion gets me where I need to be.

Thanks,
          Rob
          Rob & Barb
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
          X