Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealant

Lippert sent me a new replacement door due to inside of door splitting in a few places what would be the best sealant to go around new door after replacement ? Thanks 2020 transcend
    Mike Foster
    2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

I am not sure of the best practice for this with a "tin" sided camper. With the "bumps" in the siding it might be best to use silicone to fill in the gaps. GD may have butyl tape on the flange of the door but you will not see that until you remove the old door. Have you looked at the hinges to see if you could just replace the door and not the complete frame?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by mesa View Post
      Lippert sent me a new replacement door due to inside of door splitting in a few places what would be the best sealant to go around new door after replacement ? Thanks 2020 transcend
      Meant for RV Techs (dealerships, etc), but anyone can sign up for Lippert's webinars. Go to https://lippert.learnupon.com/users/...t=%2Fdashboard

The reason I mention the webinars is because there's an excellent door one available. While the course does require some time investment to work through it, once complete there should be a thorough understanding all of the task requirements before starting the project.

Alternatively, there's a plethora of information here: https://support.lci1.com/entry-doors

Howard

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	180.2 KB ID:	124904
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X