Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside mounting locations for television.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside mounting locations for television.

By chance does anyone know where to mount a TV on the outside of my 2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB? There is no Info in the owners manual, is there a reason for this? Or is it not wise to add a TV outside because of the Aluminum siding?
    Last edited by Deese357; 03-13-2024, 09:20 PM.

Originally posted by Deese357 View Post
    By chance does anyone know where to mount a TV on the outside of my 2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB? There is no Info in the owners manual, is there a reason for this? Or is it not wise to add a TV outside because of the Aluminum siding?
    There's no GD-designed location to mount a TV on the outside of your trailer to the best of my knowledge. Since a Transcend is built on a wood frame, it is certainly possible (even easier?) than on a laminate-wall unit.

Where exactly do you want to mount it?

Howard

P.S. Most of the moderators are traveling today (I'm in the South Bend airport) so a reply to further queries may be delayed. Oh--and welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you for replying back. I would like to mount it underneath the window by the outlets for the T.V. Please see the photo I added.

Comment

Originally posted by Deese357 View Post
        Thank you for replying back. I would like to mount it underneath the window by the outlets for the T.V. Please see the photo I added.
        OK, give me a bit to do some research.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Deese357

After digging through all the material available to me (sorry--but I can not share or post the raw data) it appears to me that trying to mount a TV will be quite a project. Let me elaborate and then share an opinion.

First, this shot is of a Transcend in production at the factory. I have no idea what model it is, but the area is very similar to where you want to mount a TV:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	561.2 KB
ID:	130406

Your specific model has a similar wood construction underneath the exterior paneling. The drawing snippet below is the specific area you're addressing.

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	130407

I'm not 100% sure what the difference is between the dashed line vertical and solid line vertical stud underneath the window. What I do know is this view is as if you're standing INSIDE the trailer looking out. The front of the trailer is on the left, rear on the right (obviously).

If you're bound and determined to go forward with the project, one way to ensure a secure mount would be to remove the exterior panels until you get down to the studs. Now attach a backer that spans the studs, providing a secure mount point. Then reinstall the exterior panels. Mounting the TV mount baseplate to the new wood backer you just installed can be through the exterior, or it can be via making cutouts and sealing around them...all depends on how you want it to look and your skill level.

Me? I'd figure out a way to mount a TV to a table or folding tripod that I'd set up outside when I wanted to watch something. Too much trouble to try and add a mount that stays attached to the rig. But that's just my opinion.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thank you for replying back. Wow, that is a lot of information. It also seems like a big project just to install a TV I think I'm gonna take your advice put the TV on a tripod. But what do you think about this? I have the flat Interlocking mounts that come with some R.V.s Do you think if I drilled holes into the exterior aluminum panels and use pop rivets will the exterior Aluminum panels hold up? I also put the TV on a scale and it only weighs 5.2 pounds.

Name:	Screenshot_20240317_202427_eBay.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	130475

Comment

I would not rely on pop rivets in the exterior aluminum panels. If you could locate the wood structure that would be your best bet, the tripod is even a better option. The aluminum siding is very thin, probably around .015" thick or so.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Deese357 -- I agree with Brian.

Howard & Francine

Comment

OK I agree as well, I did not know how thick that aluminum is! I will make a tripod for the T. V. Thank you guys so much

Comment

Working...
                  X