Popping noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping noises

Our Solitude (2021 373FB) makes popping noises when the sun hits the exterior and when it cools down in the evenings. We have not been able to pin point the location but it seems to mostly happen in the front, where the primary bathroom is or possibly underneath it in the storage compartment. Or maybe it's outside? We have had many RVs and never had one makes these noises before during heating expansion or cooling contraction. Is this normal or typical?

That will be the hydraulic jacks making that noise, the front ones. The cause is the hydraulic fluid. Other owners have add a different fluid to stop this, they will be along shortly to help you out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by SFPFAZ View Post
      Our Solitude (2021 373FB) makes popping noises when the sun hits the exterior and when it cools down in the evenings. We have not been able to pin point the location but it seems to mostly happen in the front, where the primary bathroom is or possibly underneath it in the storage compartment. Or maybe it's outside? We have had many RVs and never had one makes these noises before during heating expansion or cooling contraction. Is this normal or typical?
      we just recently started having issues with popping noises also. I have tracked it down and for us it is the leveling system that is making these noises. Below is a link on what to do to try to minimize the noises. I have talked to other GD owners and they have said to cycle the system 3-4 times compared to what the instructions say. Also have been told the Cat fluid is better than the others.
      https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002091.pdf
      Scott & Mikaela
      2022 375 RES
      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post

we just recently started having issues with popping noises also. I have tracked it down and for us it is the leveling system that is making these noises. Below is a link on what to do to try to minimize the noises. I have talked to other GD owners and they have said to cycle the system 3-4 times compared to what the instructions say. Also have been told the Cat fluid is better than the others.
        https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002091.pdf
        I have used CAT fluid and have not experienced the popping.

Rob.
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Wow, I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much! We'll check it out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X