Door needs adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door needs adjustment

I have a GD Imagine 23LDE and the rear door is very hard to close without slamming. Camper is level and the front door works fine. Is there a way to adjust?

Originally posted by HomerHockinlocker View Post
    I have a GD Imagine 23LDE and the rear door is very hard to close without slamming. Camper is level and the front door works fine. Is there a way to adjust?
    Are there "witness marks" on the catch or door that give a clue as to what is causing the issue?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Looking from outside is there is a bare metal mark on the top left of the door frame.

Comment

If it's the door camber then there are videos on YT that will show you how to adjust it. You can also disassemble the latch mechanism and cut the spring down and lube it to increase ease of closing. This of course is assuming the door is not catching somewhere or the striker plate is misaligned. I had to adjust both of mine and now can close quietly and with one finger.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by HomerHockinlocker View Post
          Looking from outside is there is a bare metal mark on the top left of the door frame.
          Lippert also has documentation on how to adjust door camber. See https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002051.pdf

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I picked up my new 28RL a week ago today. At the "Walk thru", the Technician tried to adjust the entry door because it was difficult to close. He might have improved it a little, but really not very much. Upon further examination after I got it home, I looked at it and it looked like it was "bowed" in the middle. It fit good at the top and bottom, but not as well in the middle. I put a 4 ft level against it and sure enough, it was bowed in the middle. I got in touch with the Service Manager and he had me bring it in Monday. I showed them the problem. They took a photo of it and have turned in a. Warranty claim for me to Grand Design, to replace the door. I have confirmed that the Dealership has submitted a claim on my behalf. I just have to believe that they will do the right thing.
            Newton Harris
            2024 RL28
            2006 Ford F250
            Middle Tennessee

Comment

Working...
            X